Master Match Problems

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Master Match Problems

Postby jimmyjames75 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:38 pm

I recently updated Master Match, the first time in a long time. Boy I wish I had not. The first year it was out, it worked so much better.
Use to, after I hit match, it would do its thing. It never clipped. The dynamic section worked differently.
Now, it clips every single time. I have to turn my track down 2-4db every time. Also, it always says 75% for the level match. Before, I use to get different values when all this was new.
I even tried tricking it. I stomped on tracks with the Dyna-mu. I smothered it. Then I put a limiter on it with -6db of reduction and a ceiling of -2.0 db. Then put Master Match after that.
Master Match learned the source and recommended 75% Level Matching. You have to be kidding me.....

A new bonus as well. If I select Mode B, then turn Linear Phase off. It starts to screw up the audio and distort everything super bad.
If I try and remove Master Match, it will crash my daw as well. That's a new trick as well.

What in the world is going on? Can I get a older version of this plugin? The changes made to it only brought the performance of the plug down. I can't use it at all now.
jimmyjames75

Re: Master Match Problems

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:49 pm

I don't see specific release notes that would pertain to Master Match itself in the latest update so I'm not sure if an update has affected it specifically (or perhaps a global T-RackS update may have?). I would recommend reaching out to IK Support who can assist you directly by looking into the issue you're having and helping sort it all out. They can be reached via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox