Tape Machine Collection can't rates up to 48 kHz

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Tape Machine Collection can't rates up to 48 kHz

Postby kiseki2@ » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:21 am

hi everybody!

II notice, the Tape Machine Collection can't rates up to 48 kHz.

it's me or it's bug? i want to work to 192 khz with all my projects optimized on this frequency but i notice visual constant clipping on Cubase and no sound in me soundcard RME. I'm on windows 10. i check all frequencies (88, 96, 192khz) but i the same problem. In 44 and 48khz it's perfect.

I have the t-racks MAX and the others plugins works perfectly at all frequencies.

Have you a solution? Ik Multimedia work on a fix issue?

(sorry for my english i'm french, i do my best).

Musicaly,
Kiseki
kiseki2@

Re: Tape Machine Collection can't rates up to 48 kHz

Postby darkogav » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:58 am

Post your computer specs and buffer settings.

Update: It looks like you are right. It doesn't support project rates above 48k. I didn't know that as usually just work in 48k projects. I think IKM should remove this blurb or at least clarify in what sort of scenarios does the product support this sample rate. Perhaps add an addendum in the T-Racks manual as well.

Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz

I tested on my setup which is a Focusrite interface and Cubase DAW.

Setting the sample rate to 192 and 1024 buffer in the audio driver and launched T-Racks and loaded a wave file. When I check back the project settings, it seems launching T-Racks forces the driver to change back to 48k. I tried different things, and launching T-Racks standalone forces 48k sample rate.

I then tested this in my DAW. I changed the sample rate to 192 in the audio driver and loaded DAW, check that it's still a 192k project. Loaded the wave file and then loaded Tape 24. If I activate Tape 24 plugin, there is no sound out of audio interface and you can't use the product. I checked studio setup and audio routing is working fine. I think tested this and compared to using other tape emulation plugin products I own, and the project plays and works fine at 192k, but if I disable the other tape emulation and activate Tape 24, there is no audio.

I opened a support case/ticket with IKM support to make them aware. If they provide any sort of tips on how to make this work in 192, i will share.
darkogav

Postby darkogav » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:05 pm

Hi, support got back to me and confirmed the issue is related to computing systems limitations. They suggest trying 96k, which I did in my DAW, and Tapes works fine at the setting.

cheers,
dg
darkogav

Postby kiseki2@ » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:46 am

hi!

Indeed it works in 96 but on the condition that I don't have many other plugins in my project. In fact, I notice that the tape machine is particularly resource intensive in 96 (20% for one tape machine, it's the biggest performance feed of all my plugins (Ozone 10, waves, etc). I hope, an upgrade is on work to optimize this beautiful plugins.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
kiseki2@

Postby darkogav » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:29 am

kiseki2@ wrote:hi!

Indeed it works in 96 but on the condition that I don't have many other plugins in my project. In fact, I notice that the tape machine is particularly resource intensive in 96 (20% for one tape machine, it's the biggest performance feed of all my plugins (Ozone 10, waves, etc). I hope, an upgrade is on work to optimize this beautiful plugins.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Yeah, it uses lot of CPU. I only use one instance on master bus. I use other tape emulations for individual tracks.
darkogav

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox