What is the difference between T-Racks 5 v1 and v2

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

What is the difference between T-Racks 5 v1 and v2

Postby chris@tobias.tv » Fri May 26, 2023 8:09 pm

I have IK Studio Max 5 and was told me it would cost $299 to upgrade to the new Max v2, which only gives me a couple of new items. I couldn't justify that.
I have also now looked at upgrading just T-Racks 5 Max to v2, but that looks like $150 using the latest discount code available to everyone, nothing for existing owners. But I can't find anywhere that will easily tell me what the upgrade gives me. The only item I don't already own is The Farm Stone Room, but is that it?
To call this a v2?
I don't quite understand.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
chris@tobias.tv

Re: What is the difference between T-Racks 5 v1 and v2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 26, 2023 8:44 pm

There is no $50 discount code available to everybody. Upgrading from any IK product to T-RackS 5 MAX v2 is $199.99. Any coupon code is based on what you own - if you have 5 or more single processors you can get the $50 coupon.

T-RackS 5 MAX v2 adds 15 new processors to the previous T-RackS 5 MAX so a bit more than "a couple" ;)

If you had Total Studio 3.5 MAX, though, you'd be better off looking at the MAXgrade to Total Studio 4 MAX which is $249.99 (299.99 minus the $50 coupon for existing customers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX) as that adds a lot more not just T-RackS modules.

To see what's new in T-RackS 5 MAX v2 see https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... p=versions (click the "Compare Versions" button for full details).

To see what's new in Total Studio 4 MAX see https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... p=whatsnew

I hope that helps clarify, thanks!

*edit - also if anybody participated in the Mix Your Own Bundle promotion and want to pay the difference to get T-RackS 5 MAX v2, you'll see a coupon to apply in your cart for the amount you paid for your entry into that promotion.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chris@tobias.tv » Fri May 26, 2023 10:06 pm

Hi Peter_IK,

Thanks for your response. You are correct, of course, the $50 discount is for anyone with five or more processors. My mistake.
The 'a couple' that you quote from my question was actually referring to the fact that I have already purchased the other 14 already. So, it is not even a couple of new processors.

My question was really that I have T-Racks 5 MAX (v1?) plus Sunset Sound, Joe Chiccarelli, Tape Machines, TASCAMs... the only one I don't have is The Farm Stone Room, which I would quite like.
So, what is T-Racks v2? Is it really a v2, or simply v1 plus these newer processors.

The compare page that you point me to, does not explain this at all. It only compares T-Racks 5 v2 and T-Racks 5 MAX v2. I have T-Racks 5 MAX v1 + additional processors. It is not clear what v2 means compared to this.

And I guess I qualify for the $50 discount, bringing the upgrade cost down to $150, but the fact that I already own 14 of the additional processors, and v2 is not actually anything new in itself.

Is there a difference?
I am not trying to be difficult, I am obviously an extremely loyal customer of IK. I just would like to know what the upgrade is? And whether I am reading it right about the best price for my single processor upgrade , if that is all v2 means, is $150.

Cheers.
chris@tobias.tv

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 27, 2023 5:34 pm

v2 is a bundle update that adds the processors that were released after T-RackS 5 MAX v1. So your best deal at the moment for those who only need one or even a few plugins would be the $/€49.99 tier of the Mix Your Own Bundle promotion https://www.ikmultimedia.com/mix-your-own-bundle

That promotion is ending soon, though, and I've heard that if we extend it at all it would likely remove at least one of the lowest tiers (the 5-pack).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chris@tobias.tv » Sat May 27, 2023 6:11 pm

Hi Peter_IK,

Thank you. I understand now. I was wondering if v2 had any core update features or changes, but I get it - it is simply the included processors. So effectively, I already have v2, almost.
I had not thought about buying four processors I already own, plus The Farm Stone Room, in order to get The Farm at $50. That is definitely an interesting approach, thanks.

I must train myself not to buy IK software when it is released though, the deals for those who hold back are so much better. ;)

Now I must go and play with The Farm Stone Room demo to convince myself either way.

Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers.
chris@tobias.tv

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox