T-Racks installation quiestions please...

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-Racks installation quiestions please...

Postby jodenmi » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:30 pm

I note that even though I select an alternate location for the T-Racks installation it still installs a couple of gigabytes of data on the C drive. Now, I understand it needs to install program files there but all the data files? Even though a separate location was chosen?

And secondly is it possible to install ONLY those T-Racks efx I have purchased and none of the other myriad efx (all unauthorized) that take up space and make selecting efx annoying and confusing?
jodenmi

Re: T-Racks installation quiestions please...

Postby jodenmi » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:38 pm

No-one can shed any light on this?
jodenmi

Re: T-Racks installation quiestions please...

Postby garfy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:34 pm

Hello jodenmi

1) It's been a while since I've installed the whole package, but as far as I'm aware there are no additional data files like you get with SampleTanks instrument files for example. It's one complete piece of software.

2) There is no official way yet to only have your purchased modules installed. Unofficially, you can go through your system drive and delete any un-required module's *.dll, *.au, etc but this is not advised or endorsed by IK Support as they are there incase you want to trial a piece of gear. Depending on your DAW, there may be a plugin manager within it so you can make only the modules required visible when you are picking plugins.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox