T-Racks - slight differences left and right channels

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-Racks - slight differences left and right channels

Postby Todd0578 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:27 pm

I recognized slight differences on the left and right channels in some T-Racks plugins like Dyna-Mu or Pultec EQP-1A -> in frequency response and in the harmonics as well. As soon as I switch from L/R to M/S these differences disappear. In Reaper everything is a stereo track. So how would you approach a mix with T-Racks plugins? For a snare that you would like to have dead center would you switch to M/S to avoid those left/right differences? But for 2bus or a group folder would you let live the differences by leaving the plugin to L/R?
Cheers, Torsten
Todd0578

Re: T-Racks - slight differences left and right channels

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:35 pm

This is not expected/normal behavior. Since no other users have chimed in on this user forum, I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support who can troubleshoot directly with you and get your issue resolved.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Todd0578 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:32 pm

Hi Peter, thanks! But I actually think it's a nice feature :) I can simply check it in Plugin Doctor or let of course your support team know how to do. But as I said for me it looks that it's done by intension - but maybe not documented. At least for the Pultec the manual mentions two different units have been modeled -> maybe that's the left/right behavior I can see in Plugin Doctor.
Todd0578

Postby Todd0578 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:42 am

Hi Peter,

developers already confirmed -> it's a bug. So I waited for the next update. I installed it today - the bug is NOT fixed - just to inform here. So, everyone reading this and working with some of the T-Racks FX (e.g. Pultec), push the M/S button first, otherwise you'll have slight differencies between the left and the right channel.

Thanks,
Torsten
Todd0578

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 25, 2022 12:17 pm

Please Reply to your email from Support and ask for a Progress Report on this bug fix.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Todd0578 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:29 pm

DarkStar wrote:Please Reply to your email from Support and ask for a Progress Report on this bug fix.

I got the same answer:
... "The team has been told about and they will see what may can be done in a future update." ...
Todd0578

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox