Help installing Tascam 3340s plugins

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Help installing Tascam 3340s plugins

Postby tjbrown527 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:49 pm

Hello everyone. New member and if this is not the right place to post this, please let me know.

I am running Bandlab's Cakewalk and purchased the TEAC 3340s plug-in. Perhaps I'm making more difficult than it should be but I am overwhelmed with setting this up. So many options.

Wondering if there is somewhere I can go where there are *detailed* instructions on getting this up and integrated? I have used Cakewalk a bit on its own but this file from IK seems to be confusing.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
tjbrown527

Re: Help installing Tascam 3340s plugins

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Tascam / Teac tape plug-ins are part of T-Racks 5 ("TR5").

You would use the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") to
(a) Register your 3340s Serial number
(b) download and install the complete suite of TR5 plug-ins (that will need about 2 GB for the download file and 2 GB for the installed files),
-- Make sure that you select a suitable folder for the TR5 plug-ins so that your Cakewalk software can find them,
(d) Authorize TR5 using the Serial Number (if the IKPM does not do that automatically)..
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tjbrown527 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:05 am

DarkStar wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Tascam / Teac tape plug-ins are part of T-Racks 5 ("TR5").

You would use the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") to
(a) Register your 3340s Serial number
(b) download and install the complete suite of TR5 plug-ins (that will need about 2 GB for the download file and 2 GB for the installed files),
-- Make sure that you select a suitable folder for the TR5 plug-ins so that your Cakewalk software can find them,
(d) Authorize TR5 using the Serial Number (if the IKPM does not do that automatically)..

Thanks, Darkstar! It seems I accomplished more than I thought. I did use the IKPM to do the install. I restarted Cakewalk and noticed it found like 95 plugins. I opened the plug in manager (?) and saw the 3340 listed there.

Perhaps at this point my better question is "How do I get the 3440s interface to present itself?".

I"m a newb. I admit that. The last time I really worked with anything like this was ProAudio 9 many years ago. I get the basic interface but add ons are new tome.

Again, thanks.
tjbrown527

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:42 am

I have never used Cakewalk but you would load the 3340s in the same way as you load any other audio effect plug-in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa2x2ZX0cx0 st about 3:20
Or Google "Cakewalk load plugins"

Some things to note:
-- as I mentioned the installer installs ALL the TR5 plug-ins; that is so that you can "Try out" (demo) any of them.
-- each TR5 plug-in can be loaded individually into Cakewalk.
-- there is also a "TR5 Suite" plug-in which you can load; it itself can then load other TR5 plug-ins in an effects chain.
-- there is also a standalone TR5 program (if you selected to install it).
-- in your User Area / My Products you will see "T-RackS 5 Custom Shop" and maybe other TR5 gear - Register those Serial numbers too, for full access to some more TR5 plug-ins.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tjbrown527 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:50 pm

^^^^
Thank you so much for your help, DarkStar! I'll give it due diligence!
tjbrown527

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox