Here is an idea...

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Here is an idea...

Postby - IK User - » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:52 pm

A meter specific tool that includes the ability to meter using LUFS. Think something along the lines of Insight 2 meets Streamliner meets WLM Plus with an IK spin. Just an all-in-one metering classic that includes multiple metering methods.
- IK User -

Re: Here is an idea...

Postby - IK User - » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:04 pm

Sold separately or included in future TRackS bundles. Also additional features could possibly be included such as adjustable gain to adjust the level to the desired level, auto gain, true peak, etc.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:19 pm

Or maybe should I say, think Insight 2 meets bx_limiter True Peak meets WLM Plus with an IK spin. IK needs some sort of metering plug-in to add to their TRackS engineering tools, so if its done one day, then make it a classic that takes the best elements of all the metering tools out there and incorporates them into one original metering plug-in.
- IK User -

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Hello - IK User -

I'm not familiar with the other products you are talking about, but the paid versions of TR5 do include measurement in LUFS.

There is a user determined numerical and meter-style element in the UI.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby - IK User - » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:14 pm

I have the paid version of TR5, but I am talking about a new revamped metering plug-in, included in TR6 if there is one or a future upgrade to TR5, that includes multi-metering with additional features. A really cool new feature that could be included would be an adjustable gain option. So for instance say you got your session mix finished. All the levels of the tracks, the compression, the eq, the effects, etc., all just right and are now zeroing in more on the level of the whole mix, include the option to adjust levels right in the multi-metering plug-in. When it comes to my master level, though I know may be a little unorthodox and not the way some do it, I always keep it at one level and leave it alone when getting the mix together then adjust the overall volume of the mix by using inserts on the master track. I have used the TR5 Stealth Limiter in the past a lot for that by placing it as the last plug-in on the master and then adjusting the overall level of the mix with it until it is at the desired level. But what I am talking about is a multi-metering plug-in with the ability to adjust the overall level with the same plug-in along with the ability to do things like set the true peak ceiling. Just an all-in-one multi-metering utility with additional features that allows you to zero in on and attain your desired level all using the plug-in.

Or if we were to include current IK plug-ins into the mix in the envisioning, leave Insight 2 and True Peak Limiter out, and instead think something along the lines of the current TR5 Metering plug-in meets Stealth Limiter meets WLM Plus.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:35 am

Another cool feature would be auto gain. So say you have a specific target level you are shooting for. Let's say 10 LUFS integrated for example. It would be cool to have the option to either let the user decide the target, play the song through, then adjust as they would like (which again keep in mind that could be done with the meter plug-in itself because it has an adjustable gain feature) or to set the target level to 10 LUFS then use an auto gain function that automatically sets it to the level as the song plays through.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:52 am

My bad, -10 LUFS. But anyway, that among other things like it being a multi-meter plug-in would set it apart from something like the WLW Plus Loudness Meter. And I am sure some other features could be thrown into the mix as well to make it an actual original product that provide some things other meter plug-ins out there do not.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:55 am

There are multiple meter plug-ins out there, all having some cool features, but none having all in one, which is what the goal should be as much as possible and IK can attempt to develop if up to the challenge.
- IK User -

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox