How do I install the CS versions of T-Racks plugins?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

How do I install the CS versions of T-Racks plugins?

Postby vitamind » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:25 am

I'm confused on how to get the CS (Custom Shop ?) versions of plugins to download onto my PC.

I see the TR5 downloader and installed that with no issue. But these are not CS plugins. Some of my older projects are asking for plugins with 'CS' in the name. How do I get these files?

I see there is a Custom Shop App. But I fail to see how to download the plugins from it. I see a 'Restore my Gear' but it does nothing (that I can tell).

In the Product Manager, I see:

T-RackS 5
Registered On 2018-10-10
T-RackS 5 CS
Registered On 2017-10-31

Under the T-Racks listing. But there is no means of getting these CS plugins there either, from what I can see.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.
vitamind

Re: How do I install the CS versions of T-Racks plugins?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:54 pm

There is only one TR5 installer. That includes all the plug-ins and they are all installed at once, using the IK Product Manager.

Depending on the Serial Number used to Authorize TR5 various plug-ins will be fully available and the others will be available for Trying out.

I did not know that any of the TR5 plug-ins has CS in their name.

The Custom Shop is used to buy additional plug-ins. They would then be Registered / Authorized in the iKPM.

-------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vitamind » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:59 pm

DarkStar wrote:There is only one TR5 installer. That includes all the plug-insand they are all installed at once, using the IK Product Manager.

Depending on the Serial Number used to Authorize TR5 various gear models will be fully available and the others will be available for Trying out.

I did not know that any of the TR5 plug-ins has CS in their name.

The Custom Shop is used to buy additional plug-ins. They would then be Registered / Authorized in the iKPM.

Thank you for responding, but this cannot be correct. Because I do indeed have multiple projects requesting T-Racks plugins with CS in the name. I believe When TR5 was released, those with TR4 plugins got the TR5 plugins in the form of CS, which were the same as TR5 but without the ability to adjust the GUI size. One had to unlock the plugins with a purchase of TR5 to get that.

I require those plugins with CS in the name.
Hopefully someone from the company responds here.
vitamind

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:08 pm

To help me out, can you post a few screenshots of the error messages for the required plug-ins?

One thought, if the problem projects were using TR4 plug-ins then you would need to have TR4 installed. Those plug-ins are not replaced in the projects by the TR5 equivalents.

-------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem. Technical Support does not automatically read all of the threads posted here.

The best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby vitamind » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:21 pm

DarkStar wrote:To help me out, can you post a few screenshots of the error messages for the required plug-ins?

One thought, if the problem projects were using TR4 plug-ins then you would need to have TR4 installed. Those plug-ins are not replaced in the projects by the TR5 equivalents.

They're not TR4 plugins. They are cut down TR5 plugins from what I gather.

The screenshot isn't really going to give you much more information. Beyond seeing the names of the plugins with CS in the middle of them. I don't see a way to attach them anyways on this forum, as it doesn't seem to have the capability.

No disrespect to you but if you already think there is just TR5 only and CS plugins don't exist, I'm not sure how you're going to help me. I think we'll need someone from IKM support to chime in, unless you are relaying to them on my behalf.

Below is a text of the warnings output:

The plug-in "T-RackS CS Quad Comp" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "Stereo Out"!
The plug-in "T-RackS CS Tape Echo" could not be found for Insert 2 Channel "Keys 01"!
The plug-in "T-RackS CS Tape Echo" could not be found for Insert 2 Channel "Copy of Keys 01"!
The plug-in "T-RackS CS Tape Echo" could not be found for Insert 2 Channel "Copy of Keys 02"!
The plug-in "T-RackS CS White 2A" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "bass and stuff"!
The plug-in "T-RackS CS Black 76" could not be found for Insert 5 Channel "leads"!
vitamind

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:35 pm

No problem.

I'm sure that Technical Support will resolve things. I have no back-channels to Support, so please raise a Support Ticket, following the link above.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby vitamind » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:43 pm

DarkStar wrote:No problem.

I'm sure that Technical Support will resolve things. I have no back-channels to Support, so please raise a Support Ticket, following the link above.

Oh I thought this was support. I have to raise a ticket to get CS to assist?
vitamind

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:52 pm

Another user might chip in here, but Technical Support is the best path.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 am

From looking at my system, a plugin name with the prefix "T-RackS CS" is from version 4. Anything from version 5 is prefixed "TR5"

It would appear that your projects are looking for version 4 which, if you have uninstalled (or not installed on this machine if it is a different one) it will not find or replace with TR5 versions.

As DarkStar says, opening a ticket with Official IK Support is definitely the way to go.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby vitamind » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Thank you. I'm confused why support doesn't also use this forum to answer questions? It might cut down on the number of tickets if they did.

But I did contact support yesterday by filling out the support form. How do I see my ticket status and ticket number?
vitamind

Postby vitamind » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:47 pm

As an update I finally got it figured out.

For those in the same situation that may run into this thread in the future:

• Login to your IKM account on the website.
  • Click 'Support' (top of the screen)
  • Click 'User Area' (drop down option)
  • Scroll through your products until you find 'Tracks Custom Shop'
  • Download that and copy the serial number listed
  • Paste the serial number into a text document on your desktop (so you can find it quickly)
  • Install the file that downloads.
  • Reboot your PC. (this is crucial)
  • Open your DAW and a project with one of these plugins inserted

The plugin will say it is not currently authorized and give you two options (OK or Cancel)
  • Click OK it will pop up a new box to authorize. But it will be an outdated version and will offer to download an updated version. It will take you to the website to download the new version.
  • Download the new authorizer software and install it.
  • Run the authorizer manager (from the Start Menu).
  • Login to your IKM account in the manager software.
  • Open the text document with your serial number.
  • Paste in the serial number from the User section.

You're done.

WHAT AN ORDEAL!
vitamind

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:17 pm

But this is a unique case. Anybody else who needs to install and authorize the v4 versions can do so directly and quickly with the normal install process. And the current versions are always recommended and install with even less effort than the normal installation for the legacy versions via IK Product Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vitamind » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Oh the case is unique in what way? This is a brand new hard drive using the latest installers off the IKM website...
vitamind

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Maybe not unique but certainly special.

As far as I know, the IK Product Manager does not include the older versions of T-RackS. Installers for older versions of the software products can always be downloaded from your User Area / My Products section.

It seems that you needed the T-RackS version 4 (although you did post earlier "They're not TR4 plugins. "). The Release number (including the major version number) is shown in the red download buttons and in the Release Notes tab.

Anyway i am glad that you have got it sorted out and are able to open your projects.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby vitamind » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:53 pm

And the 'Kingpin' just tried to front damage control on how bad this looks with his post, instead of just thanking me for taking the time to type out the steps to perform this for other customers.

Yet the issue ended up being the confusion of multiple installers (one packaged with an old authorizer version) found in multiple locations.

IK Multimedia have an Authorization Manager, Product Manager, and a Custom Shop. But even in those all the versions of products aren't included. Some are also found hidden on the website. So 4 locations.

It's Kludgey.

IKM could stream line the purchase, download, install, and authorize process a lot better. You definitely have the resources and talent present to make this happen. One app for buying, one app for downloading, installing, and authorization. Native Instruments has this approach and it works like a dream! Even for 'legacy' versions of software. It's all included in the one app.

No hiding of legacy versions. No mismash of authorization platforms. Just a one and done no hassle app.

Plus support for IKM was extremely terse. First response was them posting a link to the userarea with no explanation of where to navigate. Second response (after I questioned where to go) was specifying where to navigate after visiting the link by simply stating "Its in your User Area > My Products > ". That's it. It's like he didn't want to help. :(
vitamind

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox