Mastering reference on T-Racks 5 standalone

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Mastering reference on T-Racks 5 standalone

Postby massuncao » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:31 pm

Mastering is all about reference... I'm happy with the sound and functionality that the T-Racks 5 stand alone can offer for mastering... I believe one of the most important features for any mastering platform is the capability of easy comparison with those incredible reference trac we all have and trust.

That's not so obvious in T-Racks 5 (at least for my perception). I used to master in Logic Pro X using, at the end of the chain the amazing Plugin Alliance Metric A/B that gives me spectacular reference for many top tracks.

In T-Racks, there is not "hot button" to A/B between what we are doing and a reference track. I just found 2 ways to do that:
. Using the Master Match plugin, loading up to 3 tracks.. not a natural solution, but it's a way
. Using the Assembly window and going from one track to another (I had to upload some reference inside the project to use it this way...

Any other suggestion? Would this a wish feature for future version of T-Racks?? How do you compare, your mastering in T-Racks 5 today?

thanks!!

Marcelo
massuncao

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox