T-Racks 5 is the same as T-Racks Custom Shop?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-Racks 5 is the same as T-Racks Custom Shop?

Postby zedd » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:23 am

Hey folks,

So I have been a T-Racks user since it first came out, and I am now completing my T-Racks 5 collection by grabbing all the remaining new processors I didn't already have in this Group Buy.

So if I have ALL the T-Racks 5 processors, I am just wondering if I need to order T-Racks 5 just to get the main T-Racks 5 hub, or is that exactly the same as the current version of T-Racks Custom Shop?

I also noticed that TR5 Classic EQ does not show up in the selections of T-Racks processors when going through them from the Group Buy page. I know it exists and I have it, but other T-Racks users may not, and will end up missing out on that module unless it is added... or perhaps it was discontinued? Or maybe I missed it, but I looked twice, as I was being very careful to figure out which ones I didn't yet have.

That list ALSO acknowledges recent T-Racks plugins I have owned since TR3 or TR4, but thinks I don't have all the original Classic ones including the Classic Reverbs and Opto-compressor and Brickwall Limiter. Even the Fairchild 670 and Pultec EQ that I have had for years were showing like I didn't own them yet. I had to go through the list carefully and test a few of them in my DAW to make sure I didn't select ones that I already have or miss any of the ones that I don't.

It's going to be so nice to be able to use any of them from now on.

Thanks to anyone who can answer that main question about Custom Shop!

zedd
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: T-Racks 5 is the same as T-Racks Custom Shop?

Postby zedd » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:10 am

Oh wait a minute...

I have a plugin called TR5 Suite. I think that is my official TR5 hub and that's the same as TR5 Custom Shop, right?

Also... it automatically loads up the very T-Racks Classic Equalizer that I had mentioned in my previous post was not showing up in the list of T-Racks processors. I guess that is because it is now built into the T-Racks hub as the default module, maybe.

I have only once or twice used the TR5 Suite, as I usually just use the processors as singles.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: T-Racks 5 is the same as T-Racks Custom Shop?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am

The software in TR5 Custom Shop and TR5 is the same. The Serial Number used for Registration determines what gear is available (and maybe a few features, such as Full Metering, I cannot remember what else).

TR5 Classic EQ is available for free in all editions of TR5. So there is no need to include it in the Group Buy.

TR5 Custom Shop is the free edition. You can install the standalone TR5 program and all the plug-ins (whether you have licensed them or not) so that you can Try out any of them.

TR5 Suite is a plug-in into which you can load the individual TR5 gear models, into one or two parallel chains. So it is similar to the standalone program but as a plug-in. In TRackS3, its equivalent was named "TRackS3".

----------------
To answer your main question - I am not 100% sure ;) For a definitive answer, check with Technical Support. And let us know if your expectation was correct - that will help other users.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox