T-racks 5 and SE.?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-racks 5 and SE.?

Postby loboracer » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Can someone tell me what is the difference between T-racks 5 and T-racks 5se? Which is better ? Which has the most. They are the same price and I am in the group buy trying to get everything I can. Thanks
loboracer

Re: T-racks 5 and SE.?

Postby garfy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Hi loboracer

Well the app and concept is the same whether you get the "standard" or the SE version. A standalone mastering suite which also allows you to use the modules as individual plugins in your DAW.

Which is better is a bit of a subjective question. ;)

Which has more? SE has statistically more modules. There is a crossover in both versions as they both contain the Classic series (compressor, multiband limiter, clipper and EQ) but after that the remaining processors differ. One of the big differences is that the full metering suite is not in the SE version.

Personally, if I had no other 3rd party plugins for my DAW and I wanted to add a good range of processors I would probably go the SE route as that has some nice analogue models to cover the "go-to" stuff (dynamics, EQ, reverb and delay) while still being able to have a great standalone mastering suite, but it does depend on what you're looking for.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby loboracer » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 pm

I appreciate your reply. Would it be unwise to get both if i have an extra freebie with this buy in? I am using ableton 10 full version. I would like to be set up as much as possible. Thanks.
loboracer

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm

You can see the TR5 gear models here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/index.php?p=gear
And the TR5 SE gear here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5se/index.php?p=gear

There is some duplication - 4 Classic FX are in each bundle.

Only you can decide if getting both would be the best path for you. But consider what else is available before you decide.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox