Uninstall T-RACKS 3

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Uninstall T-RACKS 3

Postby mrbajen » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:49 am

Hi!
I need to uninstall TR3 since it crashes my DAW as soon as I load it. Have been searching for an answer without luck. Please anyone, how do I uninstall TR3 and all of its files?

I have downloaded the TR3 installer from within my IKM account to use the uninstaller, but it only says that the disc is damaged so I cannot get hold of the uninstaller that way.

I run MacBook Pro with 10.14.6 Mojave and Ableton Live 11.

Thanks in advance!
/P
mrbajen

Re: Uninstall T-RACKS 3

Postby stephanmatschke » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:23 am

same problem here
stephanmatschke

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:38 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stephanmatschke » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:52 am

Thanks, Dark ★
I have solved the problem with the old uninstallers which are titled "damaged"
Just ignore the uninstaller then. Go directly into your library audio plugins (vst & components) and remove all the t-racks CS or t-racks 3 plugins (leave all newer and required versions in there of course)

restart your daw and they won't appear in the list anymore.
stephanmatschke

Postby mrbajen » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:07 am

Thank you both for responding! I have contacted support using the red button and meanwhile I will simply remove the files from my library.
Best,
/Patric
mrbajen

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:55 am

Hmm, just removing files from the folder(s) may leave some other files behind elsewhere.

Best to seek advice from Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mrbajen » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Agree - I just moved the files to the trash bin without emptying it. As soon as Support gets back with a (hopefully) solution I will put the files back to do a proper uninstall.
mrbajen

Postby mrbajen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:15 pm

This is the respons I got from support:

Go to the MAC HD > Library > Application Support > IK Multimedia > Delete the T-rackS 3 folder.

Go to the MAC HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > Open VST, VST3 & Components > Delete the T-rackS 3 files here.

Go to the MAC HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Plugins > Delete the T-rackS 3 file here.

Not a proper uninstall but at least my DAW won't crash if I accidentally click a TR3 plug-in.
mrbajen

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox