Master Match iTunes reference and Source issues

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Master Match iTunes reference and Source issues

Postby ktrexler » Sun May 16, 2021 1:57 am

Hi. In one of the videos from IK, it shows a song being referenced from iTunes. For some reason, I cannot drag iTunes files in for reference and must first convert to .wav or .mp3 and save in another folder on my MacBook before it will reference the file. Is there a way around this? Secondly, when using the stand alone app, I am unable to "Learn Source". I can get my song in the clip list but it will not play to analyze. Only says "Waiting for Audio Playback". I have tried playing from Pro Tools, through iTunes and pushing the play button in T-Racks with no success. Is there something simple I'm missing? I have tried to find a manual for Master Match but so far I've only found incomplete videos that assume you know how to import the source file. I did try to set the input to pro tools but keep getting an error about different sample rates. Is there a way to change the sample rate from 44.1 to 48 kHz? Thanks for any help.

16' Macbook Pro 2019
2.3 GHz, 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Pro Tools 2021.3.0
Scarlett 8i6 interface
T-Racks 5
ktrexler

Re: Master Match iTunes reference and Source issues

Postby rwilliams » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 pm

I have exactly the same issue. Learn Source will not pick up my track even though I can hear it playing. I will raise a support ticket and let you know what happens. FYI to grab a track from iTunes as long as the track is actually on your hard drive, right click it and choose Show In Finder. Then you can add that track to your DAW or to T-Racks.
rwilliams

Re: Master Match iTunes reference and Source issues

Postby rwilliams » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 pm

OK I think I solved this but it's a bit strange.

Underneath Master Match in the Stand alone T-Racks configuration view there are three small icons.So NOT in the large GUI for Master Match, but in the view of the chain of processors. I note that EVERY other module has a power switch, a preset menu icon and an X to remove it. Master match has a power button, a preset menu and a little icon which looks like a computer screen but is actually the button to add or remove it from the processing chain.

Click that so that it goes yellow and you can analyse your source track.
rwilliams

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox