ARC native apple silicon support ?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

ARC native apple silicon support ?

Postby daslicht » Thu May 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi,
when do we get native apple silicon support for the ARC3 ?
Thius year ?
I would love to upgrade my ARC2 but I am less motivated to pay money for software which is not supported natively or will never be.
daslicht

Re: ARC native apple silicon support ?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 5:00 pm

The mods/admins (nor users) of this forum would not have such speculative information. You can request this of the support team as they may have more information but note that ARC 3 does indeed function well using Rosetta 2 at this time so you are able to use it on your M1 macOS computer if you wish.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JamesSteele » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:00 am

Hmmm... over a year later and having recently purchased an M1 Max Mac Studio... would be nice if IK gave a statement on this. I guess I can contact support if that kind of question is not appropriate here. The time is nigh where "XYX does indeed function well using Rosetta 2 at this time" isn't going to cut it. Developers have had plenty of time to get this sorted out.
JamesSteele

Postby erikthunberg2022 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:44 pm

How is it going with the Apple Silicon support? Now it is November 2022. All my other plug-ins are working natively, but not this one. Using Rosetta is not an option.
erikthunberg2022

Postby JamesSteele » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:43 am

Just wanted to stop by here and say thank you to IK. ARC 3 is now Apple Silicon native as of today! Just downloaded and installed it. I don't like to only complain... I like to give credit when it's due. So my appreciation to the developers at IK Multimedia. Thanks!
JamesSteele

Postby daslicht » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:40 am

JamesSteele wrote:Just wanted to stop by here and say thank you to IK. ARC 3 is now Apple Silicon native as of today! Just downloaded and installed it. I don't like to only complain... I like to give credit when it's due. So my appreciation to the developers at IK Multimedia. Thanks!

YEAH!
daslicht

Postby erikthunberg2022 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:34 pm

JamesSteele wrote:Just wanted to stop by here and say thank you to IK. ARC 3 is now Apple Silicon native as of today! Just downloaded and installed it. I don't like to only complain... I like to give credit when it's due. So my appreciation to the developers at IK Multimedia. Thanks!

Wow! That's great news!
erikthunberg2022

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox