Trouble Free upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Trouble Free upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX

Postby Tim1Cumper » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:20 am

Hi there,
Having experienced a rather shaky installation of my original purchase of T-RackS 5 - & as I am wishing to upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX - I first want to clarify the best process for my circumstances.

The first standard installation using the Product Manager failed at the Licence Agreement stage - there was only a blank showing where the agreement should have appeared - and proceeding by clicking 'Agree' caused the whole process to fail.
I decided to use instead the route from the Authorisation Manager - being taken to My Products - and in the Previous Versions section was the most recent version available with a download button.
This installation proceeded successfully.

I have moved to an alternative internal disc - all the AU components which did not apply to my product.

Q1) Before following the upgrade path, should I move these currently unused components back into the appropriate folder on my main drive, or will the install process of the upgrade refresh them all.
I think the total of components matches the products available with T-RackS 5 MAX.
The reason for asking this is that with some manufacturers, their products auto-void the licence when copies are made.

Q2) Which install procedure should I use? Product Manager or Authorisation Manager?
Could someone kindly spell out the process involved in the upgrade.

Thank you.
Tim1Cumper

Re: Trouble Free upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX

Postby Tim1Cumper » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:03 am

UPDATE on previous post.

Transferred relevant components back into appropriate folder on main drive.

Clicked on Custom Shop icon within the plugin during a Logic project.

Purchased upgrade - within logic - (amazing).

Closed everything down.

Launched Product Manager - registered licence number for Upgrade.

Relaunched Logic - some wonderful new plugins available immediately.

Fabulously smooth process.

Thank you.
Tim1Cumper

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox