How to remove T-RackS 4 on macOS Catalina

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

How to remove T-RackS 4 on macOS Catalina

Postby loredo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 am

Hi IK experts-

I have an old v4 installation of T-RackS on my computer, which I've recently upgraded to Catalina. It's causing the plug-in scan in Acon Acoustica to complain about a "Registry error" during the scan (never saw that before on a Mac!). In any case, it's old, and I should remove it.

I've read in the following thread that manual removal of IK plug-ins is not advised:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The problem is that the v4 uninstaller won't run on Catalina. The uninstall app isn't properly signed. I can get around that by launching with the Ctrl key pressed, but then it quits with an error about a shell command not having the right arguments (maybe this is due to Apple's recent change from bash to zsh).

So, what should I do to get rid of the old T-RackS plug-ins? I do have a v5 license. If I install it with IK Product Manager, will that get rid of v4? Is there a way to get rid of v4 without installing v5, and without putting my IK installation in a bad state (as warned in that earlier thread)?

Thanks,
Tom
loredo

Re: How to remove T-RackS 4 on macOS Catalina

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am

Hello loredo and welcome to the forum.

I cannot think why a TR4 installation should cause a plug-in from another manufacturer to throw up a problem. That seems very odd. Please contact Technical Support with the details.

Manual removal is not advised as you can run into problems if you subsequently wish to Try or Buy the modules.

Technical Support can also advise you are uninstalling / removing TR4. But note that you will need to keep TR4 installed for your projects that use any of the TR4 modules.

As for TR5, it is separate from TR4, the standalone program and plug-in have different names and IDs and do not replace TR4 on disk or in your projects.

Contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: How to remove T-RackS 4 on macOS Catalina

Postby loredo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 pm

I cannot think why a TR4 installation should cause a plug-in from another manufacturer to throw up a problem.

Acon Acoustica is not another plug-in. It's an audio editor, along the lines of Wavelab or DSP-Quattro. See: https://acondigital.com/products/acoustica-audio-editor/. I switched to it from BIAS Peak, when BIAS went out of business. It's very good at what it does (and a lot more CPU-friendly than Wavelab), but it appears to be more finicky about plug-ins than DAWs or other editors, or plug-in hosts like Mainstage and GigPerformer.

Thanks, DarkStar, for the support link.
loredo

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox