TrackS plugin load failure with Komplete Kontrol [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

TrackS plugin load failure with Komplete Kontrol [Resolved]

Postby coyle_industries » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:07 pm

I am running on Windows10. While starting NI Komplete Kontrol a "Can't load" error message appears for the TrackS plugins listed below which adds unnecessary time and effort to the instantiation process. The directory does not exist so I assume it was either deleted by: (a) one of the TrackS upgrades I have installed over the years or (B) by myself during a time when I was deleting or hiding the unwanted 32-bit versions of plugins on my computer. So, where is Komplete Kontrol finding a reference to this non-existent directory? This problem does not occur with REAPER but a similar problem occurs when I rescan plugins in AKAI's VIP. I probably need to submit a support ticket but I figured I check here first in case someone has deciphered the IKM plugin mysteries. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

C:\Program Files(x86)\IK Multimedia\T-RackS CS\
T-RackS CS Brickwall Lim.vpa64
T-RackS CS Classic Clipper.vpa64
T-RackS CS Classic Comp.vpa64
T-RackS CS Classic EQ.vpa64
T-RackS CS Classic Mband Lim.vpa64
T-RackS CS Lin Phase EQ.vpa64
T-RackS CS Metering.vpa64
T-RackS CS Mic Room.vpa64
T-RackS CS Opto Comp.vpa64
T-RackS CS Prog EQ1A.vpa64
T-RackS CS Vint Comp 670.vpa64
coyle_industries

Re: TrackS plugin load failure with Komplete Kontrol

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:22 pm

This doesn't sound like a "T-RackS plugin mystery", T-RackS installs 64-bit only for a while now and installs into the proper directories by default (and allows you to choose custom directories if that's how you roll). Sounds like Kontrol is looking for a directory - is there somewhere you are able to set what plugin directories are scanned in the Kontrol software? Seems odd it is looking for 64-bit plugins in a typically 32-bit only directory.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby coyle_industries » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi Peter, thank you for your time. Yes, NI-KK does include a place where the user lists the directories to scan and no, that directory isn't provided there; I only include x64 bit plugin directories there.

As I mentioned, AKAI's VIP program also hangs on these plugins during a complete rescan so that's why I started thinking the problem relates more to IKM when the same issue occurred with NI-KK. I have TrackS Max and I wondered why the rest of the 40+ plugins aren't involved in this issue. That's what made me think it could have something to do with a legacy install from years ago and your information that IKM currently only uses x64 plugins seems to support that.

I just don't know where to go in my system to resolve the problem, somewhere in the registry? Perhaps you can provide information on IKM T-rackS directories I could search for and safely delete or modify that might still be pointing to the old x86 directory. I'm only a power user at best so I don't know how all this stuff works nor where to begin looking for solutions on something as perplexing as this.

I've checked the KK forum at NI and so far no one has reported a similar issue. AKAI hasn't responded to my VIP support requests in over a year now so I'm not expecting any help from them. I did submit a support ticket with IKM so perhaps I'll get something from that.
coyle_industries

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:44 pm

Which major version of T-RackS are you using there?

I have looked at my C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\ folder and see .vpa and .vpa64 files for T-RackS 3. Their "Date Modified" is June 2011. There are none anywhere for T-Racks 5.

But DAWs, Akai VIP and NI's KK should not be scanning thar folder looking for plug-ins as those files are support file used by the T-RackS standalone programs and plug-ins. The plug-ins themselves will have been installed somewhere-else.

Somehow you need to tell VIP and KK to forget about that folder (I have not used either of those products) - equivalent to removing the folder from Reaper's VST path list and doing a "Clear cache and rescan".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby coyle_industries » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 am

Hello DarkStar, thanks for your time. I am currently on T-RackS 5.4.0 but I've been using T-RackS for quite awhile now so at least now I know there were supposed to be T-RackS files in that directory as some point. There is only one place in NI-KK to list plugin scan directories and here is what I have in there (foreslash substituted for backslash):

C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/
C:/Program Files/Native Instruments/VstPlugins 64 bit/
C:/Program Files/VSTPlugins/NativeInstruments/64bit/
C:/Program Files/VstPlugins/

As you can see there is nothing that even points to the 32 bit "program files" parent directory. I am currently researching this problem on the NI forums but I've already been through the logical sub forums and found nothing even similar yet. If I get some support from NI I'll ask them where to delete the scan cache so it can start over and perhaps that will solve my most immediate issue that is needing to start NI-KK without a hassle every time. Just can't figure where the two programs are getting pointed to that directory; it makes no sense to me. I'll be thinking on your information, maybe somehow it will flip a switch for me ...
coyle_industries

Postby coyle_industries » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:08 am

Problem solved, thanks to the information from DarkStar. I had some 2016 T-RackS plugins in one of the scanned directories; probably left them there for compatibility with some mixing projects I had going on at the time of a T-RackS upgrade. It was the first thing I checked after learning that some of the older T-RackS plugins referenced the mysterious directory. Thank you DarkStar and PeterIK for assisting me with this vexing problem.
coyle_industries

Re: TrackS plugin load failure with Komplete Kontrol [Resolv

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:46 pm

You're welcome. :)

----------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox