T-Racks over download

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-Racks over download

Postby tokenboomer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:58 pm

I use T-Racks for a few of their plugins, 5 in total and I am not interested in the other available plugins at the moment. I noticed an available upgrade to T-Racks and installed it on my computer though I have to admit to being surprised at the size of it. Now, it appears that I have every single plugin that comes with the Max Version of T-Racks only I don't actually have them because they haven't been authorized. They are just taking up space on my hard drive. Please tell me how to delete these unauthorized plugins and clear up the space on my hard drive. Please note that I have Amplitube 5 and don't wish to lose the plugins I paid for when I purchased that. There's some overlap I know. Thank you.
tokenboomer

Re: T-Racks over download

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:04 pm

They are installed so you have the ability to quickly demo them. If you want to remove them you'd need to delete them manually, but if you simply don't want to see them in your DAW's plugin manager many DAWs allow you to hide plugins.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tokenboomer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Thanks Peter, I assume that I'll just have to drag them out of the place where the plugin's are located on my system. That's a lot of work. Second question. I purchased Amplitube 5 a while back and I asked, before I made the purchase, if these was a way of setting up the software so it only displayed gear that I had and presets that would work with the gear that I have. I was told that there was a way of doing this. Most of your new stuff doesn't interest me but I still see both presets and gear icons for stuff that's not installed on my system. How do I restrict the presets and icon views to only those I have. It's really annoying click on a preset only to find that it won't work with the gear I have.
tokenboomer

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Hello tokenboomer

tokenboomer wrote: I assume that I'll just have to drag them out of the place where the plugin's are located on my system.

This is correct. There is no automated way to do this.

tokenboomer wrote:How do I restrict the presets and icon views to only those I have.

In the top right hand corner of AT5 you'll see an icon that looks like a combo amp next to the Search Gear field. This cycles though gear and presets you own (tick) gear and presets you don't (cross) and all current gear and presets (tick and cross).

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox