Question for Peter or any IK staff.

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Question for Peter or any IK staff.

Postby Me1234567 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Bought Total Studio 2 MAX,
Ad says there are 38 processors included:
"38 high-end audio processors".
Seems software installed more than what was paid for. See attached image.
Which numbers are NOT included in 38? Thank you.

[Mod edit - redacted] I thought I would ask my question here to get a faster response. Peter, nothing against you, you helped me in the past and I know you caring man. [Mod edit - redacted]

Thank you.
Me1234567

Re: Question for Peter or any IK staff.

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 pm

I do not work for , nor represent IK Multimedia. However ...

When any edition of TR5 is installed, all the current processors are installed, so that you can Try instantly those processors that you have not yet licensed.

The 38 processors in TR5 MAX are shown here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5max/index.php?p=gear - I have extracted the list:
Code: Select all
Black 76 Limiting Amplifier
Brickwall Limiter
British Channel
Bus Compressor
Classic T-RackS Clipper
Classic T-RackS Compressor
Classic T-RackS Equalizer
Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter
CSR Hall Reverb
CSR Inverse Reverb
CSR Plate Reverb
CSR Room Reverb
De-esser
Dyna-Mu
EQ 73
EQ 81
EQ PA
EQ PB
EQ PG
EQP-1A Vintage Tube Program Equalizer
EQual
Linear Phase Equalizer
Master EQ 432
Master Match
Metering
Mic Room
ONE
Opto Compressor
Precision Comp/Limiter
Quad Comp
Quad Image
Quad Lim
Saturator X
Stealth Limiter
Tape Echo
Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter Model 670
White 2A Leveling Amplifier
White Channel

The 7 that are not in TR5 MAX are # 22, 35, 48, 40-43. The other plug-in is TR5 Suite which hosts a chain of gear models.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Me1234567 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 am

DarkStar,
Thank you!

Can I ask 2 questions about T-racks and I guess same applies to other IK software.
I did not have a good experience with IK software re-installation in the past. That was a few years back... however, this time around I downloaded and backed up all the zip installers for Max 2.

So, lets say I want to reinstall T-racks or any other Max2 software in 7 month.
Questions:
I assume I would just Install software from saved zip files...
1)Does re-install on the same computer considers as "another" activation if hardware stayed same, but Windows was reinstalled?
2) If an update comes after the 180 days, will I still be able to download it or I would have to pay to download it (the update, not original files)?

Thank you for your time.
Me1234567

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 am

It's slightly complicated :)

For current products (e.g. SampleTank 4, but not SampleTank 3): downloads, installs, registrations and authorizations are handled using the IKPM (the IK Product Manager) program. My understanding is that the downloaded files can be saved somewhere and used later for re-installation and authorization, again using the IKPM.

Fol older products, the installers would be downloaded from your User Area / My Products, then you would run the installer yourself and use the Authorization Manager to authorize them. Again, you can backup the downloaded files and use them again later.

Either way, you should be OK. And, if you run into problems, forum users or Technical Support should be able to sort things out (as long as you do not try to do several things at once :)).

A1: Re-install on the same computer should re-use the same Authorization. If you change the hardware, the authorization process may consider the PC to be a different one and use another authorization. But, you have 10 for each product, and if you ever run out, then Support will, if the circumstances are reasonable, reset them.

A2: The "180 days" only applies to the main Sounds Library downloads. If you needed to download them again after that period, you would need to purchase ONE Download Reactivation Credit to make them all available for another 180 days.
-- so, just keep a back-up somewhere,
-- software downloads are always available,
-- sounds library updates are separate downloads and are always available.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:23 pm

DarkStar wrote:A1: Re-install on the same computer should re-use the same Authorization. If you change the hardware, the authorization process may consider the PC to be a different one and use another authorization. But, you have 10 for each product, and if you ever run out, then Support will, if the circumstances are reasonable, reset them.

Just to add to this, any app that is installed/authorised via the Product Manager can be de-authorised by the same method. Possibly worth doing that if you know you are going to reformat/replace a drive to reinstall an OS. Obviously, not as handy if you have a HD failure :)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox