T Racks 5 Max - no assembly or monitor window

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T Racks 5 Max - no assembly or monitor window

Postby JOHNYROCKA » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Last week I used T Racks 5 Max standalone for the first time in a few months. The Assembly window and Monitor windows now will not display (they used to work fine). In product manager T Racks Max is marked as authorized and in my user are on the IK website.

But - when I click on the padlock icon in The t Racks interface it quotes T Racks CS serial number and not T Racks 5 Max serial number.

I opened a support ticket asking how to get the standalone software to recognise the correct serial number but whoever answered my ticket [Mod - redacted] just informed how to "Restore My Gear so all my modules work" - not at all what I asked as I have no problems with any of the modules.

I have run the Authorisation manager a couple of times entering the correct serial number but nothing has changed. Any help on this would be gratefully received as I have an album to assemble and master this month. Cheers :)
JOHNYROCKA

Re: T Racks 5 Max - no assembly or monitor window

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem. You might try using the IKPM (IK Product Manager) to unauthorize TR5, then re-authorize it, entering the TR5 MAX Serial Number, if prompted.

Please reply to Support saying that the gear modules have always been OK and that you need to get the Assembly and Monitor windows. But if you need to escalate the Ticket please review the forum Guidelines here:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19505

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------------
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JOHNYROCKA » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:54 pm

So
Unauthorise TR5 and use up one of my authorisations ?
Can I not just uninstall Custom shop as it is of no use to me and just takes up space on my hardrive?
JOHNYROCKA

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:00 am

As I understand it, Unauthorizing gives you back an Authorization. But I do not know which Serial Number IKPM picks up to authorize the software.

However, as I have not done it, contact Technical Support for advice.

Uninstalling Custom Shop will not help this situation.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby JOHNYROCKA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi There
I tried unauthorising T Racks 5 Max and then re authorising as you suggested but the custom shop serial number is still displayed and assembly & monitor windows will not open.
Technical support never got back to me after they gave me the wrong answer. I don't know what to try next
JOHNYROCKA

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Just to double-check:
(a) TR5 MAX is Registered in your User Area/ my Products isn't it:
)b) what entries are shown when, in the iKPM, when you click [Products] below T-RackS 5?

Support is your best path; please review the rest of my post above.

I am sure that it will get sorted out.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby JOHNYROCKA » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Hi
Yes in my IK Multimedia user area and in the product manager T Racks 5 Max marked as registered and authorised and fully up to date :)
JOHNYROCKA

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox