DDP Settings

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

DDP Settings

Postby Jracks75 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:11 pm

Hi Forum,

I would like to know what settings the DDP will use for its export. All other manner by which I may export files in T Racks 5 give me the opportunity to select Bit Depth and Dither, but there are no selections available when I choose DDP. I need to deliver this project. I have all the other versions of the files done, but I need to provide a DDP to the manufacturer. Please help!

Just in case:

Macbook Pro, 2.7 GHz processor, 16 Gig Ram, OSX 10.12.6
T Racks 5
Jracks75

Re: DDP Settings

Postby darkogav » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:07 am

The info seems a little vague. Maybe there isn't really much to it.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... FyY2g9RERQ

from the manual.

"A new Assembly window lets you edit and create industry standard audio montage, and the improved export possibilities now include DDP 2.5 and Wav Cue and PQ sheet."

"Please keep in mind that the Clips and the Track ID are not completely related: The Track ID are metadata position that allows the creation of industry standard files as DDP and Wav CUE, while a clip is the audio file itself."

Perhaps you can email IKM support specifying Tracks and ask for more details. There *might* be FOSS command line tools that will let you check what the DDP exported file actually contains.

What sort of project is this that they ask for DDP?
darkogav

Postby Jracks75 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:08 am

Hey Darkogav, thanks for trying to help. The manual doesn’t provide the information I need, and tech support has not been in touch as of yet. It has been more than a week since I messaged them, so I thought I’d reach out to see if tech support hangs around the forums or if someone has the information I need. Someone will provide it soon enough I hope...
Jracks75

Postby darkogav » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 am

they are prbly busy with Black Friday questions. The usual mods Peter and/or Darkstar might be able to shed light.

There are free tools you can use. They look pretty straight forward to use. If you want I can try out a test tomorrow using ddpinfo.

http://ddp.andreasruge.de/
darkogav

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox