Equal Plugin Crashing in Tracks 5 Stand Alone

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Equal Plugin Crashing in Tracks 5 Stand Alone

Postby darkogav » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Hello, I am on OS X High Sierra. Every time try to use the Equal 5 plugin in the stand alone Tracks 5 project, it crashes Tracks 5.

I am able to start a new project, insert the Equal plugin and add my wave file. I start to use it fine, but if I switch screens to a different plugin, and then switch back to Equal, it crashes Tracks 5.
darkogav

Re: Equal Plugin Crashing in Tracks 5 Stand Alone

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:25 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darkogav » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:24 pm

I searched earlier posts on here and saw that people were able to downgrade to fix the issue.

Oh well, I managed to get it to work by downloading an earlier version of Tracks from the products list, running the uninstaller, and installing. I had to go all the way back to 5.2.2 circa 2019.

This is all fine except that now, what this means is, if you are on High Sierra, you don't get the below fixes that were supposedly released between 5.2.x and 5.4.x:
* Opens the resize and undo-redo functionality to all users
* Fixed multiple option entries in undo/redo
* Fixed possible problem with Suite resize which could cause the GUI to not be displayed correctly
* Fixes possible issues with metering view and authorization
* Fixes some possible graphical issues
* General Reliability Improvements (whatever that might be)

More importantly, you can't use the new IK Product Manager to patch Tracks 5 because it will automatically apply the latest version of Tracks to your system.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:33 pm

That is why I would, as DarkStar posts above, contact the IK Support team for official support. This forum is not for technical support and anything posted by other users should be followed at your own risk, likely with some side effects in cases like you mention. IK Support will be able to look specifically at your problem and provide direct and official technical assistance and I'm sure they can help get you up and running correctly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby darkogav » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:That is why I would, as DarkStar posts above, contact the IK Support team for official support. This forum is not for technical support and anything posted by other users should be followed at your own risk, likely with some side effects in cases like you mention. IK Support will be able to look specifically at your problem and provide direct and official technical assistance and I'm sure they can help get you up and running correctly.

Thank. I opened a ticket.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:10 pm

I know you are on Mac, but they'll also likely have any recent information from testing and other tickets. For example, there are frequently issues that are caused and/or rectified with OS updates included a Windows update that just came out. So they'll definitely take care of you with as recent information as they have which is good.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox