Mixbox causes problems with two MixBox gui's in Cubase 10.5

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Mixbox causes problems with two MixBox gui's in Cubase 10.5

Postby dnr » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm

If you have two MixBox gui's open in Cubase 10.5 Cubase becomes unstable and difficult to control. Close one gui down and things return to normal. Confirmed in a number of projects. It seems to be worse with the GUI expanded.

Plus with the EG-PG the + or = screen obscures the next frequency slider and you have to click elsewhere to close it down before moving up to the next one.
dnr

Re: Mixbox causes problems with two MixBox gui's in Cubase 1

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm

With regard to the Cubase 10.5 problem, I just tried and didn't experience the same issues. I expanded both instances and Cubase still worked normally. I added other plugins, edited MIDI, transport worked smoothly and quickly, and whatever else I could do. Running 10.0.20 Build 179 here. Tried several projects too.

You may want to report that and the other request about the entry box to IK Support so they can dig in with you directly and figure out what is happening .
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dnr » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:With regard to the Cubase 10.5 problem, I just tried and didn't experience the same issues. I expanded both instances and Cubase still worked normally. I added other plugins, edited MIDI, transport worked smoothly and quickly, and whatever else I could do. Running 10.0.20 Build 179 here. Tried several projects too.

You may want to report that and the other request about the entry box to IK Support so they can dig in with you directly and figure out what is happening .

I have currently done that and am awaiting their reply. Cheers
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:31 pm

Great thank you. Perhaps it has to do with graphics card / monitor / related setup. I am running on a gaming rig with two monitors, tried keeping both on one of the monitors, one on each, and whatever variations I could think of. Neither is high DPI though, I run 1080p for gaming (can downscale to 1080p from higher resolutions for great clarity and no tearing while retaining high performance where games permit).

I've got this setup graphics-wise:

RTX 2080
24" 144Hz monitor
27" 75Hz monitor

Cubase using one for the main project window (the 24") and the other for the MixConsole and I swapped those too in the combinations I was trying. Tried to do things that were already a bit clunky to do while transport was running too just to push what I could...
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 pm

I have a similar problem here, in other DAWs.

With 2 MixBoxes open, when I move the GUI, it can us up to 45% of an 8-core Intel i7, 2.80 GHz. That's without processing any audio. The graphics card has a NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, with OpenGL2.1 support.

I have raised this with Support.

By comparison, 2 instances of TR5 Suite with the "Classy Halo and Clean ... " preset (picked at random) loaded, show about 08%.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dnr » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:14 pm

I run three monitors on an AMD R7 200.

However I have found that the issue is only on a few of my projects. MixBox does not seem to like Nimbus Reverb. However I cannot be certain of that. Also if I transfer the project folder to an HHD drive it was less of an issue that the SSD drive.. However having said that it was not an issue if only one gui was up at a time. Something is interacting with the GUI/graphics card etc.
dnr

Postby dnr » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Thanks DarkStar that is reassuring to know that there is obviously something going on.
dnr

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox