How to Master Multiple tracks together(?)

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

How to Master Multiple tracks together(?)

Postby antfactor » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:05 pm

I tried searching but couldn't seem to find this, and if it's in the manual - I must've missed it. I bought TRackS on the supposition that I'd be able to do something truly new.

The first was to master a track based on other tracks in a similar style as a sort of template.

But I could find nothing that allowed me to cue up a series of tracks and compare them to each other to allow for the same overall dB levels (balancing) and other settings across ALL tracks, and then process/master those tracks "batch style".

I'm guessing there MUST be a way to do this, but I've not figiured out how, and there seems no instructions on doing so. Are there any videos or other literature that covers these procedures? I don't want to have to process each track individually, and I'm guessing there must be a way to analyze tracks against each other to prepare for processing post-level adjustments, etc.

Keep in mind, I'm an indy electronic musician – not an engineer or professional mixer - but that's a lot of WHY I bought this software a few months ago. My material ranges from dark/slow ambient to house and techno dance tracks with occasional vocals.

Much Thanks, and Bests!

Anthony G / alg-nyc.tumblr.com/mymusic
antfactor

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox