T-RackS 3 Deluxe upgrade to 5 ?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 3 Deluxe upgrade to 5 ?

Postby Anatolyj » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi
I have T-RackS 3 Deluxe license, but i can't find option at site for upgrade to 5. Where it ?
Anatolyj

Re: T-RackS 3 Deluxe upgrade to 5 ?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:59 pm

You should see a crossgrade option available to you. You can see all of the upgrades/crossgrades for which you are eligible in your IK User Area under "Eligibility"

Note that you can also use any JamPoints you have in your account to take off an additional up to 30% off.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Anatolyj » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi Peter, at specified page (Eligibility), from all T-Racks related products what presents there, i see only T-RackS 5 MAX (€299.99) as product from scratch i guess, but no any upgrade(crossgrade) from older version option.

(About jam points - yes i knew, but thanks)
Anatolyj

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Anatolyj wrote:Hi Peter, at specified page (Eligibility), from all T-Racks related products what presents there, i see only T-RackS 5 MAX (€299.99) as product from scratch i guess, but no any upgrade(crossgrade) from older version option.

T-RackS 5 MAX is €499.99, €299.99 is a discounted price based on what you already own.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Looking at the prices here when logged in and logged out, it looks like the only TR5 upgrade / crossgrade is to TR5 MAX, at 300 +VAT. There do not seem to be upgrades to the other TR5 editions.

IF you wish you can contact Sales Support who can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Anatolyj » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:33 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Anatolyj wrote:Hi Peter, at specified page (Eligibility), from all T-Racks related products what presents there, i see only T-RackS 5 MAX (€299.99) as product from scratch i guess, but no any upgrade(crossgrade) from older version option.

T-RackS 5 MAX is €499.99, €299.99 is a discounted price based on what you already own.

DarkStar wrote:Looking at the prices here when logged in and logged out, it looks like the only TR5 upgrade / crossgrade is to TR5 MAX, at 300 +VAT. There do not seem to be upgrades to the other TR5 editions.

IF you wish you can contact Sales Support who can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.

Oh, ok i see. But yes, i need upgrade only version of Deluxe currently, without MAX edition.

Sorry, related question (for not to open new topic) - do i should have access to "TR5 Metering" plugin with T-Racks 3 Deluxe license ? Or no.
Anatolyj

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Sorry, there is no upgrade to TR5 Deluxe. Only to TR5 MAX.

As for the metering, I am not sure. But what you can do is download and install "T-RackS 5 Custom Shop" (you may already have the included Custom Shop and Authorization Manager), run Custom Shop, log in and, in the T-Tracks section, click [Gear] then "Restore my Gear".

You will then have TR5 editions of all of your TR3 gear for use as single plug-ins or in "TR5 Suite" (the equivalent of the old TR3 rack). You can then try out the metering in TR5. NB TR5 is 64-bit only (TR3 was 32-bit and 64-bit wasn't it?)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Anatolyj » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:34 pm

DarkStar wrote:Sorry, there is no upgrade to TR5 Deluxe. Only to TR5 MAX.

Oh i see, strange enough tho, but ok.

DarkStar wrote:As for the metering, I am not sure. But what you can do is download and install "T-RackS 5 Custom Shop" (you may already have the included Custom Shop and Authorization Manager), run Custom Shop, log in and, in the T-Tracks section, click [Gear] then "Restore my Gear".

You will then have TR5 editions of all of your TR3 gear for use as single plug-ins or in "TR5 Suite" (the equivalent of the old TR3 rack). You can then try out the metering in TR5. NB TR5 is 64-bit only (TR3 was 32-bit and 64-bit wasn't it?)

Yes i have latest version installed TR5 and custom shop (Win 10 64bit here), and if i load Metering plugin in DAW, Metering show message that i not have license and need buy. Then i open Custom Shop, log-in inside it, and what strange - i see Metering plugin as already purchased (see attached picture), in section "My gear" (purchase year data the same as my Deluxe 3).

And yes - i tried to use "Restore my gear" command twice, but anyway if i load Metering , it start license checking process and become unregistered. All other plugs from Deluxe 3 load as properly registered, as well pair of plugs grabbed later separately (like Tape Echo and Quad Comp - they properly registered).
Hmm ?
https://imgur.com/iW6z7X0
Anatolyj

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:14 pm

OK, in T-Racks terms, there is "Metering" and "Full metering".

"Metering" is part of TR5. That you should have, I believe. As in:

This is from the TR5 standalone program. In the TR5 Suite plug-in I have not found out how to see the FFT Analysis and Spectrogram. In both cases the metering GUI is different from that in TR3.

"Full metering" is a separate TR5 plug-in, available in any paid-for edition of TR5.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5metering/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Anatolyj » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Hmm, ok i see, but, the dll of this plugin in any case will called "TR5 Metering.dll", right ?
I mean - there is no\not should be separate "full metering.dll" in TR5 content ?
Anatolyj

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 pm

"TR5 Metering.dll" is the "Full metering" plug-in. As with all TR5 plug-ins you can try it out for 14 days via the Custom Shop.

All TR5 installs are the same. All the individual plug-ins are installed, whether you have licensed them or not. For example, you'll see Space Delay in the latest install (v5.4.0).

--------------------------
PS In the first screenshot I posted above (from the Custom Shop) the image of the meters seems to be that from TR3.

And the second screenshot I posted above is of theTR5 standalone program. I cannot see how to get the FFT and Spectrogram is the TR5 Suite plug-in.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Anatolyj » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Ok, so i right understand that that Metering plugin which is present as purchased in my custom shop, he is not present in TR5 installation package ?
Anatolyj

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Have another look at the screenshots above. The Full Metering products (124.99 in the Custom Shop) is included in any of the 4 paid-for edition of TR5. So if you buy, install and authorize ANY of those 4 products you will get Full Metering.

But Try it out first for free for 14 days in the free TR5 (that is installed as part of the "T-RackS 5 Custom Shop" .

The free TR5 includes
First, you'll find out that you got the Classic EQ module, a 6-band parametric mastering EQ, and we have also provided you with a basic metering section which contains detailed displays of peak and RMS values of your audio material. Both the EQ and meters can run as separate plug-ins in your DAW, or as part of the integrated T-RackS suite,

If you look here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/index.php?p=gear you will see the 8 gear models in the base edition of TR5. And you have TR3 editions of several of them anyway. Click on [Read more] under the Metering part and you'll see the details:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5metering/?pkey=t-racks-single-5-metering
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Anatolyj » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:01 am

Dark sorry but i don't understand (for why you advise try trial etc). I ask about not Full Metering (since we figure out above that i do not have access to his license with my Metering license, no ?), i ask exactly about simplified Metering plugin. In order to use the license for what I have, respectively.

And Yes - i already install TR5 - and all the speech about his content (file name Install_T-RackS_5_(5.4.0).exe)
Anatolyj

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Looking back I see that all edition of TR3 included a Metering­ Suite, both as part of the TR3 plug-in and as an individual plug-in. TR3 Deluxe included 9 other plugins.

But this was all before Custom Shop was introduced wasn't it? So I was confused by your reference to purchasing it in Custom Shop and Metering having its own licence.

Anyway, according to the product page (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/index.php?p=info)the free TR5 includes:
First, you'll find out that you got the Classic EQ module, a 6-band parametric mastering EQ, and we have also provided you with a basic metering section which contains detailed displays of peak and RMS values of your audio material. Both the EQ and meters can run as separate plug-ins in your DAW, or as part of the integrated T-RackS suite,

I have underlined part of it. So, as you have TR5 installed, run Custom Shop, log in and, in the T-RackS section, click [Gear] then "Restore my Gear". Then see what Metering you have available. IF you do not see a separate metering plug-in (as underlined above) then please raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox