Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

T-RackS - High End Mastering & Mixing suite and single effects

Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby msf_sadib » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:22 am

[Mod note - moved to appropriate forum]

I had registered my TRACKS quad multiband compressor.It shows on the custom shop app but I don't see it in my products area of IK website.Now how do I find it and download it?
msf_sadib
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:19 am

Re: Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:38 am

Hi msf_sadib and welcome to the forums.

msf_sadib wrote:I had registered my TRACKS quad multiband compressor.It shows on the custom shop app but I don't see it in my products area of IK website.Now how do I find it and download it?


That's strange that it's not showing in your user area, but you don't need to download anything separately. If you have authorised the module through the Authorisation Manager then it should basically unlock in TR5CS. If it hasn't, then open the Custom Shop app, go to T-RACKS>GEAR>Restore My Gear and that should enable it on your computer.

Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby msf_sadib » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:53 am

garfy wrote:Hi msf_sadib and welcome to the forums.

msf_sadib wrote:I had registered my TRACKS quad multiband compressor.It shows on the custom shop app but I don't see it in my products area of IK website.Now how do I find it and download it?


That's strange that it's not showing in your user area, but you don't need to download anything separately. If you have authorised the module through the Authorisation Manager then it should basically unlock in TR5CS. If it hasn't, then open the Custom Shop app, go to T-RACKS>GEAR>Restore My Gear and that should enable it on your computer.

Let us know how you get on.

So I have to install TR5CS separately along with the custom shop?Then download it from tbe TR5CS app instead of Custom Shop app?
msf_sadib
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:19 am

Re: Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:05 pm

msf_sadib wrote:So I have to install TR5CS separately along with the custom shop?Then download it from tbe TR5CS app instead of Custom Shop app?


Ok, we'll back track a bit so I don't give bad information.

What have you downloaded/installed already?

How did you buy the Quad Compressor?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby msf_sadib » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:30 pm

garfy wrote:
msf_sadib wrote:So I have to install TR5CS separately along with the custom shop?Then download it from tbe TR5CS app instead of Custom Shop app?


Ok, we'll back track a bit so I don't give bad information.

What have you downloaded/installed already?

How did you buy the Quad Compressor?

I got it free from IK's free offer long time ago.I've installed authorization manager & the custom shop app
msf_sadib
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:19 am

Re: Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:37 pm

msf_sadib wrote:I got it free from IK's free offer long time ago.


Ahhhh, ok that makes sense.

When you say
msf_sadib wrote:I had registered my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

do you mean that you have put a serial number into the Authorisation Manager and it had responded with a green tick?

Sorry for the questions, just want to make sure I've got things clear before telling you the next steps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: Can't find my TRACKS quad multiband compressor

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:10 pm

msf_sadib wrote:I got it free from IK's free offer long time ago.I've installed authorization manager & the custom shop app


At the risk of confusing things )sorry, garfy :)): When you downloaad and run the "T-RackS 5 Custom Shop" it can install 3 separate software products:
-- the T-Racks 5 ("TR5") standalone program and plugins,
-- the Custom Shop standalone program,
-- the Authorization Manager standalone program.

To use any TR5 gear you need to have the TR5 software installed. It sounds like you have not yet done that. I All the TR5 gear will be installed, both those gear models that you have Authorized and also those that are not Authorized.

The Authorization Manager just allows you to authorize products for which you have purchased (or received) the licence. And the Custom Shop lets you Try out other gear and purchase them. Neither of these actually provide the TR5 (or AmpliTube or SampleTank etc) software products.

So the acid question is: have you installed the TR5 software yet?.

If not then please do so; as you already have the Custom Shop and Authorization Manager installed you can skip those steps. Authorise TR5 using the TR5CS Serial Number from your User Area (or the Serial Number for a paid-for TR5 bundle if you have one). Finally, run the Custom Shop program, log in, go the the T-RackS section and click [Gear] > Restore my Gear.

You will then be able to use the gear included with your TR5 edition and the quad Compressor fully. In addition you can use the other TR5 gear in demo mode (with a periodic hiss) or choose the "TRY" them via the Custom Shop, for 14 days.

You'll find lots of details in the TR5 User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
User avatar
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: Surrey, UK


Return to T-RackS Mixing & Mastering