EMERGENCY! NEED HELP AUDIO FOLDER VANISHED

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

EMERGENCY! NEED HELP AUDIO FOLDER VANISHED

Postby vuzhmusic » Sun May 10, 2020 5:03 am

I'm using Mac OS 10.12.6 with T-Racks 5

Here's what happened:
I was working on a project with multiple audio files.
I loaded in a new version of a track I had been working on with a different length than the original had been.
I removed that file from the folder and was going to reload it into the project and copy the settings, but opened the program without the file in it (an error on my part)
The program prompted me to find a folder with the missing file, I moved the file into the original folder and selected the original folder,
The program crashed and the ENTIRE Audio folder disappeared. Just vanished. Not in the trash, just GONE.

Can anyone help me recover this file, it Must still be in the memory of my mac. It's not in the trash, it's not coming up in a spotlight search or in the Finder at all

I'm freaked out because I did a lot of work since my last backup.
vuzhmusic

Re: EMERGENCY! NEED HELP AUDIO FOLDER VANISHED

Postby garfy » Sun May 10, 2020 9:41 am

Hi vuzhmusic and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having issues working with T-RackS 5.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox