Stealth Limiter Glitches

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Stealth Limiter Glitches

Postby Jracks75 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:20 am

I am attempting to listen to a track which has no issues, but when I engage the Stealth limiter, the first note, a high hat, plays with a stutter as if there is a problem with the track. If I bypass the Stealth Limiter, there's no issue. If I engage it - stutter. Is this a T Racks Max 5.3.2 bug?
Jracks75

Re: Stealth Limiter Glitches

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:08 am

What OS? T-RackS standalone or plug-in? If a plug-in what format and what host?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Stealth Limiter Glitches

Postby Jracks75 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:26 am

Hi Dark Star,

Thank you for jumping on to assist.

I'm using T Racks as a Standalone. OSX 10.12.6, 2.7GHz i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

If I use snapshots, I can put a snapshot very close to the start, and it works around the problem for the most part, but I can't put it too close, or the problem remains. I have to put it juuuuuuuuuuust right, and in one case, I had to automate a level increase in the very beginning on another piece of gear to avoid the problem of the work around becoming audible. Still, I don't consider the problem to be solved, but for now I'm moving forward. I have another issue, for which I haven't found a work around, but I'll make another thread.
Jracks75

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox