Lost T-Tracks Authorizations in LOGIC

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Lost T-Tracks Authorizations in LOGIC

Postby digitalpimple » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:54 am

Says its authorized but get "the static". Tried everything. One user says
"deleting all T-racks prefs in both libraries seems to fix it."

How dou do this? where are they located? OSX 10.15.4

Thanks
Last edited by digitalpimple on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalpimple

Re: Lost T-Tracks Authorizations in LOGIC

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:03 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but, in the current circumstances cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:00 pm

Could this be because you are still on OSX 10.5 (Leopard)?

The TR5 specs say 10.9 (Maverick) or later.

Either way, as DarkStar suggests, Official Support is your best course of action.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby digitalpimple » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:05 pm

SORRY I MEANT 10.15.4 Catilina
digitalpimple

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:34 am

Ok. Can't confirm in Catalina as I'm still on High Sierra, but the Preference files are normally found at Mac/Library/Preferences. I can't see that there are any relevant preference files at Mac/System/Library/Preferences though, so I don't know what you've been told/have read.

HOWEVER, instead of just deleting the preference files move them onto an external drive so you can put them back if the OS doesn't rebuild them.

HOWEVER HOWEVER, although the delete/rebuild of preference files can work for some issues it may not work in this. I would suggest you check these things first. Open T-RackS as standalone and see if the same issues occur. Check what serial number is showing as it being authorised with and make sure that is a full version serial. Finally, ensure that whatever plugin you are trying to open in Logic has been authorised if you have bought them individually.

I would also strongly recommend that you work with Official Support on this one, as there may be a simple solution and removing pref files might throw up other issues that you don't expect.
garfy

Postby digitalpimple » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:15 pm

I tried everything from support directly and what you told me. No joy.
I have both total Studio 2 Max and Tracks 5 max.

It all checks out. When I add the quad compressor (which the shop shows I own) it just tells me my 10 day trial is up. When I click on the red lock it opens up the IK app manager and it tells me it authorized with serial. Im lost.

I've uninstalled everything, reinstalled changed things.. nothing helps.

It works fine in stand-alone just not in Logic as a plugin. I even uninstalled LOGIC and reinstalled.

No go.
digitalpimple

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Very strange that it's ok as standalone but not in LPX. Is it the same for all of the T-RackS modules or just specific ones?

Bit of a long shot, and probably has no bearing on authorisation, but are all the modules visible in the LPX plugin manager?

digitalpimple wrote:I tried everything from support directly

As you now have an open ticket with official support, you should continue to work with them. Reply to your last contact from them saying that whatever they have suggested hasn't worked and ask what to do next. It is always the best way to get issues resolved.
garfy

Postby digitalpimple » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Yes. It does the same with ALL in LOGIC. Standalone fine. I was just about to buy the tape pack.. glad i didn't... this is nuts...
digitalpimple

Postby digitalpimple » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:57 pm

So I think I found the issue. The SN for the standalone and plugins are differant from myProduct area... Maybe a trial SN?? I have no idea.

When I add the active SN to IK manager its registered successfully but the apps still show the OLD SN... Won't change. Uhhg

I deleted the Ik manager app and reinstalled. Still the same.

What file holds the registered SNs? I need to delete that and start over...
digitalpimple

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:38 am

digitalpimple wrote:So I think I found the issue. The SN for the standalone and plugins are differant from myProduct area... Maybe a trial SN?? I have no idea.

When I add the active SN to IK manager its registered successfully but the apps still show the OLD SN... Won't change. Uhhg

I seem to remember an old bug that meant that the serial numbers visible in the apps when you click the Lock icon not changing if you upgrade from say a CS to a Standard version. However, this did not cause any performance issue just confused users, myself included :D

digitalpimple wrote:What file holds the registered SNs? I need to delete that and start over...

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that one. Continue to work with IK Support who will guide you to the resolution.
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox