Tape Machine errors in ProTools when switching presets.

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Tape Machine errors in ProTools when switching presets.

Postby dougdecker » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 am

Hey guys, I am new here. I have an issue and maybe you do as well.....

I am running ProTools 2019.12.9?? latest version, with the lastest version of Tape Machine that I just picked up for my studio. I have a Mac Mini 2012 Server i7 Quad Core with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3 w/ 16 gigs of ram, SSD system drive tracking to a 7200 rpm mechanical drive. The plugin works when I instantiate it on a track fine, it's when I switch to a preset or just switching the tape speed/ type it errors out. It says I need more memory or I need to turn off other plugins, or increase buffer settings. It's really weird. I can run all of my Waves, Slate, Universal Audio, and McDSP perfectly fine and run through their presets or my presets and zero errors. It's only the IK Multimedia Tape Machine that does this.

Anybody else have this going on?? Maybe needs an update or it's a bug? Thanks for your time reading this. I super appreciate you.
dougdecker

Re: Tape Machine errors in ProTools when switching presets.

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:10 am

Hi dougdecker and welcome to the forums.

That is a bit of a weird one. I have virtually the same hardware as you, albeit with Logic as my DAW and HS as my OS, and I haven't encountered that problem.

Is this happening during playback ie switching on the fly, or does it happen when there isn't any audio passing through? Does it happen in a new project with Tape Machine as the only plug in?

Either way, unless another user chimes in here with any advice, I would suggest opening a ticket with official IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
They endeavour to reply within 2 working days although, obviously, with the current global issues this may be slightly longer.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dougdecker » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 am

Switching on the fly actually.... Basically jumping through the presets.... yeah.
dougdecker

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:43 am

garfy wrote:does it happen when there isn't any audio passing through? Does it happen in a new project with Tape Machine as the only plug in?

Did you try the above? It may help Support if you narrow it down a bit further.

By the sounds of what you're saying, some part of your DAW system can't keep up with changing emulation with audio processing happening at the same time. I know it should be able to as it is working as expected on my system.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox