Equal Module and TR5 standalone crashing

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: Equal Module and TR5 standalone crashing

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:24 pm

bruce-rez wrote:I opened a ticket and followed up all the procedure I was told by IK technician with no luck and I gave up. Equal works fine in my DAW as plugin but when I want to use it in T-RackS 5 chain it freezes the program and I have to close it.

Please do not give up that path - Reply to the Support email, saying that the procedure did not work (and what specific problem you ran into) and request further assistance. Support will also learn and be better placed to help other users.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bruce-rez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:14 pm

I'll do that.
Thanks Marathanz & sbrenna for your support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iMac (Mid 2011), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby dgralick » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Yep - just started trying to use the stand-alone yesterday, and the equalizer module crashes TR5 every time I select it.
dgralick

Postby bruce-rez » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:49 pm

dgralick wrote:Yep - just started trying to use the stand-alone yesterday, and the equalizer module crashes TR5 every time I select it.

I had the same problem and I downgraded to TR5 v5.2.2. and now everything works correctly, no crash.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby dgralick » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:25 pm

yes, thank you - that works!!
dgralick

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:02 pm

I would report your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support since you will not be able to use any new processors that come out after the version you downgraded to and they can surely assist you with the issue directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bruce-rez » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I would report your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support since you will not be able to use any new processors that come out after the version you downgraded to and they can surely assist you with the issue directly.
I did personally opened a ticket about this problem few months ago and spent several troubleshooting with IK Support through email and the their last suggestion was to Uninstall the TrackS-5 and download and install the version 5.4.0 which did not resolve the problem.
I just downgraded to 5.2.2 and everything works fine.
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:36 pm

bruce-rez wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:I would report your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support since you will not be able to use any new processors that come out after the version you downgraded to and they can surely assist you with the issue directly.
I did personally opened a ticket about this problem few months ago and spent several troubleshooting with IK Support through email and the their last suggestion was to Uninstall the TrackS-5 and download and install the version 5.4.0 which did not resolve the problem.
I just downgraded to 5.2.2 and everything works fine.

Please let them know that 5.4.0 didn't work and that 5.2.2 does. That way they will be able to resolve the issue fully or you will reach a point where you might not only miss out on new processors post 5.2.2 but other/overall functionality if you can't use the most recent version.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bruce-rez » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please let them know that 5.4.0 didn't work and that 5.2.2 does. That way they will be able to resolve the issue fully or you will reach a point where you might not only miss out on new processors post 5.2.2 but other/overall functionality if you can't use the most recent version.

Yes I confirm that the v5.4.0 did not resolve the freezing problem with EQUAL plugin,
and downgrading to v5.2.2 did resolve the problem, no more freezing with EQUAL plugin.
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:46 pm

bruce-rez wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Please let them know that 5.4.0 didn't work and that 5.2.2 does. That way they will be able to resolve the issue fully or you will reach a point where you might not only miss out on new processors post 5.2.2 but other/overall functionality if you can't use the most recent version.

Yes I confirm that the v5.4.0 did not resolve the freezing problem with EQUAL plugin,
and downgrading to v5.2.2 did resolve the problem, no more freezing with EQUAL plugin.

You mean you confirmed with IK Support by replying to your ticket, correct? Otherwise posting here will not update your ticket at all.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dgralick » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 pm

FYI, I started with 5.4 - which yielded the same problem with Equal. Going back to 5.2.2 resolved the issue. Hoping a fix is coming soon.
dgralick

Postby bruce-rez » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:06 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You mean you confirmed with IK Support by replying to your ticket, correct? Otherwise posting here will not update your ticket at all.

Off course I am aware that my post here is not updating my ticket like many others forum (user to user forum) and as I mentioned in my previous post I just gave up with IK Technical Support because they didn't give me any solution to resolve the problem.
And then I got a solution here by a member (Marathanz ) by downgrading to 5.2.0.
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:15 pm

OK I think we're having a misunderstanding. IK Support will continue to work with you to actually resolve your problem, you simply need to inform them that suggestions given did not work for you.

As it stands, it appears you believe your issue to be resolved so I will close this thread as we do in that case but please note your issue will not be resolved when you need to use any future version that includes fixes for bugs and/or new processors.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox