TR5 Metering not working with Garageband

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

TR5 Metering not working with Garageband

Postby barneybarnbarn » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:21 am

I've worked with T Racks for years. Downloaded TR5 last year no problems. Worked on Garageband for months. Now, all of the sudden if I put the TR5 Metering plugin on the master bus it either doesn't work or it totally crashes Garageband.

I uninstalled & re-installed. No change. (NOTE: The metering is working fine on the stand alone T Racks app. And most other TR5 plugins are working fine on Garageband.)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
barneybarnbarn

Re: TR5 Metering not working with Garageband

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Hello barneybarnbarn and welcome to the forum.

That's a bit of a weird one - if you haven't updated/changed Ableton or T-RackS (or OS) then to have crashes start to happen is very strange.

Have you seen anything similar posted on the Ableton forums?

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and I would also suggest a ticket into Ableton's tech support as well.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby barneybarnbarn » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll try that. To be clear, I don't use Albeton. I just use Garageband.
barneybarnbarn

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Sorry, my bad. I must've been thinking about Ableton for some reason. Even stranger then as GB should be rock solid really.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mpetrie8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm

I've been having the same problem with Digital Performer (DP10.11) and have been for months, since about v5.2. Sometimes it works but if I close the GUI or even just bypass it, it crashes. Does the same in AudioFinder, and I tried the app "VOX", a playback app for high res files that supports AU plugs, and there all my T Racks plugs get a warning that the demo period has expired, and then the Authorization Manager launches and even after entering the set#'s, the plugs stay locked, and opening the Custom Shop and "Restore My Gear" doesn't help. All my other AU plugs seem to work ok in all my audio apps. Any ideas?
mpetrie8

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Hello mpetrie8 and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

They more information that Support has about this problem, the better
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox