Pops, stutters and clicks with Classic Clipper

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Pops, stutters and clicks with Classic Clipper

Postby Bigfrench05 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:42 pm

I am having issues with pops, stutters and clicks, which makes it almost impossible for me to mix a song in Mixcraft Pro Studio 9. System in Mixcraft is running at approx. 20-30% max. I thought my interface was the problem, but it appears that the issue is caused by the Classic Clipper plugin. I turn it off and everything seems to come back to normal. I only have 2 instances of it in my mix.

I made sure I have all the latest releases of my IK Plugins and software, with no improvement whatsoever. At the moment, the issue only seems to occur with the Classic Clipper. I was also using the de-esser but removed any traces of T-Racks plugins to avoid anymore problems.

Any ideas?
Bigfrench05

Re: Pops, stutters and clicks with Classic Clipper

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:56 am

Hi Bigfrench05

Bigfrench05 wrote:I am having issues with pops, stutters and clicks, which makes it almost impossible for me to mix a song in Mixcraft Pro Studio 9.

Does this still happen if you increase your latency/audio buffer to maximum? I've not heard of problems with the Classic Clipper - these older modules are supposed to be quite resource friendly really.

It may be something specific to your system. As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Pops, stutters and clicks with Classic Clipper

Postby Bigfrench05 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:05 pm

I tried all buffer settings with no change. The only improvement I noticed is when I turn off the clipper. I use many instances of the Equal plugin, but this one doesn't seem to be causing the issue. I still need to explore a bit more to see if I can isolate the problem. Will submit a support ticket once I have a better idea, if it is indeed the problem.

I have another interface just to see if the problem is caused by the interface itself, which is what I thought originally. There are known driver problems with the M-Audio M-Track 2x2 interface. If I use the core audio WaveRT or the wave drivers, no problem.

I really don't think it's a problem with system resources as my system is running at around 20-30% CPU usage in Mixcraft. Ryzen 7 8-core with 16Gb RAM.

The funny thing is everything was fine, until I started using the clipper plugin. And the moment I turned it off, there was an immediate improvement. So that confused me even more. TBC
Bigfrench05

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox