WHITE NOISE PROBLEM??

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

WHITE NOISE PROBLEM??

Postby OMER13 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi, i created free version of Tracks5 Custom Shop on Logic Pro, but white noise is coming intermittently when i use any plugin on the channel,

in addition, Metering plugin is not showing up LUFS and DR value, it seems only Peak and RMS

Could you please explain the reason of this asap ?
OMER13

Re: WHITE NOISE PROBLEM??

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:52 pm

Hello OMER13 and welcome to the forums.

OMER13 wrote:i created free version of Tracks5 Custom Shop on Logic Pro, but white noise is coming intermittently when i use any plugin on the channel,

Make sure you authorise your TR5CS using the Authorisation Manager that will have been installed at the same time. The serial number can be found in your User Area.

OMER13 wrote:Metering plugin is not showing up LUFS and DR value, it seems only Peak and RMS

AFAIK, the CS version only includes certain elements of the Metering Suite. You need to purchase the full version to get the full Metering module.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:58 pm

<< too slow, but already typed :) >>

Hello OMER13 and welcome to the forum.

TRackS 5 Custom Shop is free, but you still need to Authorise it. Download and install the latest Authorization Manager from here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager/
and Authorise TR5 using the Serial Number that you will find in your User Account / My Products section.

I think that the Metering in TR5 CS does not include the advanced metering features.
... we have also provided you with a basic metering section which contains detailed displays of peak and RMS values of your audio material.
I would think that you could try out the full metering in demo mode, for 14 days. Details of how to try out the plug-ins are in the TR5 User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby OMER13 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:28 pm

hi all, thanks for your feedbacks, but white noise is still coming and it is giving below warning for all plugins although I try to authorise it again with the latest Authorization Manager;

"This model has not been activated, do you wish to enter the Custom Shop onow to try out or purchase this model?"

Do you have any idea related with this subject ?
OMER13

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:57 pm

T-Racks 5 Custom Shop is free and includes these gear models:

• Classic T-RackS Equalizer – a high quality six-band parametric EQ, specially designed to achieve high-end performance in a mastering environment
  • Metering – a limited version of the complete metering section to have level, phase and frequency under a single, easy to read display for immediate access

The other gear models can be loaded for trial periods of 14 days.
1.3.4 - Trying Gear
You can also choose to try out a piece of gear (clicking the TRY button) to audition it in your existing rig before actually buying it. Every item in the Custom Shop has a 14 days unrestricted trial time. When an item is selected for trial, the time left for its evaluation is shown in the corresponding item menu.

Once the trial time has expired, the item will be locked – it will be greyed out. Once the trial time has expired the module will only be purchasable on the Custom Shop or IK online store.

You need to have the Custom Shop program running too (and not minimised, I think).

The intermittent white noise is, I think, because you have not selected to try the gear model.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby OMER13 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Okay, i understand.. thank you so much for your reply.
OMER13

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Just for future reference, this is mentioned in the FAQ about demoing IK software: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CheeseMyBaby1 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:37 pm

Sorry for reviving an old thread but my problem seems to build from what was discussed here.

I had the exact same problem as the OP and sorted it from the tips provided here.
However; and this is the problem.... now, all of a sudden, I get the white noise every now and then despite having not only disabled but removed all the IK plugins from the project.
It plays LOUD and gives me a jump scare every time (plus it makes my ears hurt)

I started a completely new project without using any IK stuff... it still happened.
This is completely messing up my work flow.
Anyone else who's experienced this?

Edit: typos
CheeseMyBaby1

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox