Logic Pro crashes when bouncing with stand alone plugins on

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Logic Pro crashes when bouncing with stand alone plugins on

Postby jdspeer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 am

I just purchased T-racks 5 Max. When trying to bounce a track with a couple of IK EQs and Compressors on individual channels and a limiter on the master. LPX tries to bounce and stops or just stops responding or will sometimes outright crash. It doesn’t seem to be a memory problem. I have successfully exported files out of T-racks with large signal chains without a problem. Any thoughts?
Thank you
JDS
Mac mini (Late 2014)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Focusrite 2i2
Logic Pro X
jdspeer

Re: Logic Pro crashes when bouncing with stand alone plugins

Postby jdspeer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm

After messing about with it last night, I have come to the conclusion it must be a processor resource issue. Though it is not using much memory it is overloading processor requests. My solution was to freeze each track that had an IK compressor and / or eq. The track then bounced normally. Processor requests stayed out of the red. I have other IK tools such as MODO Bass and haven’t had an issue with overloading the processor.
jdspeer

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:20 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby carlaz » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Lots of virtual/software instruments will eat processor like there’s no tomorrow, as can tracks and busses with high-powered plugins. “Freezing” tracks with MIDI or audio will help save resources, though if you have aux tracks/buses (including summing Track Stacks) doing lots of things, those also eat lots of processor. You can “bounce”/“print” those to real audio tracks to save processor. The process is a little involved if you haven’t done it before, but there are lots of YouTube videos explaining how to do it.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Also make sure you are using the 5.2.2 release which fixes some export crashing and was just recently released and is available in your IK User Area.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gmagerr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi Peter,

This was an issue in Logic Pro as well, not just stand-alone. Logic Pro would freeze during bouncing as soon as the song got to any vocals using the T-Racks plug-ins. Anyway, it is fixed now after updating my T-Racks to 5.2.2. Thanks!!
gmagerr

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:40 pm

The 5.2.2 would apply fixes to both the standalone and the plugin version, by the way :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Good to know about the update. I just installed 5.2.2 and my TRackS 5 plugins are working happily in the most current version of Logic Pro X.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Ah sorry I should refer to the Mac version that solves any Catalina issues as 5.2.2b by the way!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox