[Resolved] BEFORE I install T5, should I be wary of this?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: BEFORE I install T5, should I be wary of this?

Postby garfy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:23 pm

How did you get on jonny-franc? Did you get those folders in some order?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jonny_franc » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:50 am

Not quite yet. Been occupied with other things. Thanks for asking. :)

What the heck...hang on... I'll do it now.... lol

That was easy. For some reason I was expecting that Logic would then not show the T5 plugs anymore back down in the audio units menu. That still shows all the IK plugs (big mess). I guess if I want to further separate everything then make another, say T4 folder, put all the old ones in there, and then never go down to the AU menu for any IK stuff altogether.
jonny_franc

Postby garfy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 am

Yes. Moving them into personalised folders doesn't move them out of their original folders, it just means you can tidy things as you want.

jonny_franc wrote:I guess if I want to further separate everything then make another, say T4 folder, put all the old ones in there, and then never go down to the AU menu for any IK stuff altogether.

Yes, this exactly. I've sorted all my stock and 3rd party plugins in Logic into categories by type ie Dynamics, EQs, Reverbs, Delays etc. and not included the TR4 versions. I can't remember the last time I went near my AU menu for anything.

Glad it's worked out for you.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Previous

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox