Update Process

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Update Process

Postby Marathanz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi!

I’m a happy IK Multimedia products user since several years now.
There’s one thing though that often confuses me. The update process for software like AmpliTube, Syntronic and TRacks5... Whenever there’s a new version I see it in my user area alright. But what’s the easiest way to go? Download the new version from the user area and install it? And should the old version be uninstalled first? Are all the related components updated too? For instance, TRacks5, do I have to install the new version of it and does that automatically update my Custom Shop too? And all my purchased modules? Or do I have to update them all separately? And do I have to perform a ‘restore my gear’ in Custom Shop after each update? Do I have to re-register anything?
I know, a lot of questions...
Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Marathanz
Marathanz

Re: Update Process

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:07 pm

It is indeed!
Marathanz wrote:But what’s the easiest way to go? Download the new version from the user area and install it?
Yes
Marathanz wrote:And should the old version be uninstalled first?
No
Marathanz wrote:Are all the related components updated too? For instance, TRacks5, do I have to install the new version of it and does that automatically update my Custom Shop too?
Yes - you will probably be offered the choice for CS (and Authorization Manager) during the product installation
Marathanz wrote:And all my purchased modules?
Yes, they would be updated
Marathanz wrote:Or do I have to update them all separately?
No
Marathanz wrote:And do I have to perform a ‘restore my gear’ in Custom Shop after each update?
Unlikely, but it does no harm
Marathanz wrote:Do I have to re-register anything?
No
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Update Process

Postby Marathanz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Thank you very much, DarkStar!
Marathanz

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox