T-RackS Tape Machine Collection available now

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS Tape Machine Collection available now

Postby Amicus717 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:49 am

I activated trial mode on the Tape Machine plugins a day or so ago, and they worked great the first night. Tried to fire them up today, and got the "This model has not been activated" warning and the intermittent white noise routine.

When I go into Custom Shop, it shows in my account that the four Tape Machine plugs are on 15 Day trial mode. But the plugins will not launch in that mode, no matter what I try. So, am I in trial mode or not? I have tried to launch them in Cubase, Cakewalk, and T-Racks 5, and the situation is the same.

Thanks.
Amicus717

Postby Ryan_IK » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:33 am

Amicus717 wrote:I activated trial mode on the Tape Machine plugins a day or so ago, and they worked great the first night. Tried to fire them up today, and got the "This model has not been activated" warning and the intermittent white noise routine.

When I go into Custom Shop, it shows in my account that the four Tape Machine plugs are on 15 Day trial mode. But the plugins will not launch in that mode, no matter what I try. So, am I in trial mode or not? I have tried to launch them in Cubase, Cakewalk, and T-Racks 5, and the situation is the same.

Thanks.

After activating the trial period, make sure to keep the Custom Shop open. If you need to, you can always re-activate gear using the Gear drop-down menu. Just make sure you're in the T-RackS section (Upper right hand corner).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dsDanielS » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Would you consider adding more Tapes to the Collection at some point?
I’d love to see the Studer a800 or/and the Ampex ATR102 at some point. I’m sure IK can make these with more depth than other companies!
dsDanielS

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:26 pm

dsDanielS wrote:Would you consider adding more Tapes to the Collection at some point?
I’d love to see the Studer a800 or/and the Ampex ATR102 at some point. I’m sure IK can make these with more depth than other companies!

Yes, we'd surely consider more machines. I see you also added this to the T-RackS official wishlist and I thank you for that.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dsDanielS » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
dsDanielS wrote:Would you consider adding more Tapes to the Collection at some point?

Yes, we'd surely consider more machines. I see you also added this to the T-RackS official wishlist and I thank you for that.

Yep! Everyone is asking for that one on Gearslutz too! :D
dsDanielS

Postby nickbbrown » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:08 am

After reading the very long gearslutz thread on these I just started the demo...Very impressed. Eventually did some preliminary A/B ing between these and my UAD ATR--early days, but right now I like the IK machines way better...thanks for making an excellent product!
nickbbrown

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:10 am

Join the current Pick&Mix Group Buy (running through August 2019) and get them as the bonus products.

"Purchase and register any qualifying product and get 6 more of equal or lesser value FREE."

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby puranon » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Custom Shop Credit packs apply to the group buy?
puranon

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 pm

puranon wrote:Custom Shop Credit packs apply to the group buy?

They are not qualifying purchases themselves (see the list on the Group Buy page) but Custom Shop purchase of qualifying products using Gear Credits do indeed apply to the Pick & Mix Group Buy.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bill4510 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:59 pm

How do you demo these.I don't see a try button in the custom shop.
Tracks 5 version 5.22 Custom Shop version 5.22
bill4510

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:22 pm

bill4510 wrote:How do you demo these.I don't see a try button in the custom shop.
Tracks 5 version 5.22 Custom Shop version 5.22

You need to click TRY next to each of the tape machines, the collections will not typically have TRY buttons. Look under "Other" for these.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bill4510 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks, I think I figured it out.
bill4510

Postby kornelius13 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:32 am

Hello.
I just bought these awesome tape machines. Loving them so far.
I just have 1 question/suggestion.
Is there a link knob for input and output levels, and if there is none then why is that so and is it possible to add it in future updates?
It could have been so convenient to increase the input level so that the output level would decrease by the same amount and vice versa.

Or am I missing something and that option is present?
Thanks again, IK Multimedia for the great work.
kornelius13

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 02, 2020 10:29 am

Hello kornelius13 and welcome to the forum.

I do not think so, so please add your request to the Official Wish List (if it is not already there).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby theturnback » Fri May 15, 2020 10:05 pm

I recently upgraded to T-Racks 5 MAX and I'm trying to TRY the tape modules. I successfully selected TRY in the Custom Shop (and I've kept the window open), but every time I try to add any of them into my chain, I get the spinning wheel of NOTHING and I have to force quit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm on Mac OSX 10.13.6 with 64gb RAM. I haven't tried this in a Pro Tools session yet, only the stand-alone version.
theturnback

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox