T-RackS 5 with ARC 2.5

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 5 with ARC 2.5

Postby pencheff » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:04 am

I have a typical 10' x 10' home studio. My DAW is Reaper, I'm using T-RackS 5 MAX modules for tracking and mixing and the standalone system for mastering. I recently acquired ARC 2.5 and am extremely pleased with the impact this room correction software has had on the sound of my Presonus Eris 5.5 monitors.

I use ARC as the last plugin on the master bus in my DAW during recording and mixing. I understand why I have to disable / bypass / turn it off before rendering so that the EQ curve it injects into the signal chain to correct my monitors is not transferred to the rendered WAV file.

My question is: when I'm exporting my mastered WAV files from the standalone mastering suite do i also need to turn ARC off?

I haven't found any reference to this in any of the documentation. In fact there is almost nothing in the T-RackS 5 manual about using ARC other than three paragraphs which describe what it is and what it does.
Gregory V Pencheff
Lancaster, PA
pencheff

Re: T-RackS 5 with ARC 2.5

Postby BobF3 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:46 pm

Export a track both ways. If they sound different from each other, then yes, you need to turn ARC off for export ;)
BobF3

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox