Classic Clipper limited use since MS C++ Patch [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Classic Clipper limited use since MS C++ Patch [Resolved]

Postby neil.cummins1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi Forum,
I downloaded a Windows 10 patch update to Microsoft C++ Redistributable x64 2017 v14.16.27027 on 23 March,and since then I can only use Classic Clipper as a single module in the mastering suite.Its inclusion as part of a longer chain eg the "Classic Only" chain of EQ,Compressor,MultiBand Compressor and Clipper causes severe distortion and eventual stoppage of any playback.This also occurs when using Clipper in my usual DAW(Cakewalk).

The Classic Only chain worked fine prior to this update.

I have tried a repair of the Redistributable,which albeit successful hasn't improved the situation.

I'm not a gamer,however some online games forums have reported issues with game stability also after taking this update,with no improvement reported with the patch being repaired or deleted.

Has anyone else experienced the issue or able to offer up a possible reason,the symptoms would suggest that the Clipper has suddenly become additionally demanding on the audio engine?

I have a relatively low spec laptop ie Dell Inspiron 5478 with i3 processor and 8Gb RAM with as much DAW optimisation for Windows set as I can find.

Thanks

Neil
Warrington
UK
neil.cummins1

Re: Classic Clipper limited use since MS C++ Patch

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi, I'm not sure what would cause that but I'd recommend also opening a ticket with IK Support for direct and official support as they would be able to troubleshoot directly with you and help resolve this issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 pm

I would be surprised if T-RackS 5 is using Microsoft C++ Redistributable x64 2017. I have had a look here (Windows 7 SP1) and I do not have any version of that redistributable installed.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby neil.cummins1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:15 am

Thanks Guys,
Just thought I'd advise that loading the updated 27027.1 patch directly from Microsoft cleared both this issue and a similar impact in Cakewalk.

Clipper now can operate both standalone and in Cakewalk as part of a chain,without any stuttering or dropout.

For any Cakewalk users interested,this patch also reduced my CPU Core usage histogram peaks by around 40% in an instance,and back to previous levels before the faulty patch was downloaded.

Not being a Windows guru,I can't explain this,although Cakewalk support did suggest this redistributable plays a part in their DAW performance.Possibly not in the case of TRacks5,as noted by DarkStar above.

Regards,

Neil
neil.cummins1

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:40 am

I'm glad that you got it sorted out.

As this post is now resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox