T-Racks 5 only saving Chain A [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-Racks 5 only saving Chain A [Resolved]

Postby pencheff » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:36 pm

I purchased T-Racks 5 Max when it was on sale a couple months back and am really enjoying all the processors in this suite.

Problem
: Working in the standalone version I start a mastering project, load a .wav file, set up an initial chain of processors in chain "A". Dandy. I copy that chain to "B", make some tweaks. Great. Compare with "A" .. fine. Repeat for chains C and D.

Save the project.

Open the project ... ONLY the chain of processors in "A" have been saved. B, C and D are back to the default chain comprised of "One" and a disabled "Master Match" processors. I've tried saving the project when each of the four chains is active... makes no difference. Only chain "A" is preserved.

Is this behavior by design? Or am I missing something when saving? Or is this a defect? It is really frustrating doing all that work tweaking settings in four different chains of processors only to have them disappear when I close the program. As a workaround I'm loading the same .wav file four times and setting up my different chains of processors in "A" for each of the four copies of the same file. I shouldn't have to do this but it's saving my sanity.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.
Gregory V Pencheff
Lancaster, PA
pencheff

Re: T-Racks 5 only saving Chain A

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I'm not sure why this would be happening, I'd recommend opening an official support ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so the tech support team can troubleshoot and assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pencheff » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks. Thought I'd start here in case it was just user error.

I've opened a ticket.
Gregory V Pencheff
Lancaster, PA
pencheff

Postby pencheff » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 pm

I've received a response from IKMultimedia. Apparently the T-RackS software only saves the contents of chain A. Let's hope they get this working in the near future.

[redacted: Please note the forum rule about copy/pasting correspondence]
Gregory V Pencheff
Lancaster, PA
pencheff

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:14 am

As this post is resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox