New User

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

New User

Postby robbyswang » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi Folks,
I've just purchased T-Racks 5 Max. I'm downloading as we speak, before I had the Max version, I had T-Racks 5 and old experience of using T-Racks plugins, so I know they're great, but I'm finding the process both confusing and a bit frustrating, so I have a few questions:

Upgraded from T-Racks 5 to T-Racks 5 MAX - great!, but all the Custom Shop stuff is a might confusing, what the fudge is it?

When I use Authorisation manager to authorise my product, I see that it list two products, the one I bought and Cusom Shop Amplitube - What's all that about? I didn't buy that. I know that there were a large numberof modules that were only trial version when I installed the original T-Racks 5, they play but hiss periodically, because they aren't licenced versions, but what about amplitube. Please someone explain what it's all about?

Thanks
Rob
robbyswang

Re: New User

Postby garfy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi.

The Custom Shop app allows you to add gear or sound content to T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank. It's essentially a shop window to trial and buy new 'modules.'

AmpliTube CS, T-RackS CS etc are the free versions of the full apps, that give you some free modules or sounds and then allow you (in conjunction with the Custom Shop app) to trial/add a la carte.

Anyone with an IK account have the free versions available to them, hence why your Authorisation Manager has notified you of it. You'll also find you have access to the free versions of Syntronik and SampleTank available in your User Account. You don't have to install them if you don't want to, if you just want to stick to T-RackS.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any more questions.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: New User

Postby robbyswang » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:10 pm

That does help, greatly

Many thanks
Rob
robbyswang

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox