Reinstall in what order?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Reinstall in what order?

Postby jeffsjc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi All,
I originally bought T-rackS back in the Windows XP days. I upgraded to T-rackS Grand and everything was running fine then my PC died that was running Windows 7 64 bit. I want to reinstall on a new DAW running Windows 10 64 bit and I am wondering in what order do I install? I show serials for these products in my account... T-RackS Custom Shop, T-RackS CS Grand,T-RackS 5 Custom Shop. I also have serials for other mixing and mastering plugins in this range of products.

Thanks!
Jeff
jeffsjc

Re: Reinstall in what order?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:46 pm

"T-RackS Custom Shop" is, I would think for T-RackS 4 - the Serial number would start with TRF40. And "T-RackS CS Grand" (typo?) is also for T-RackS 4, I reckon.

In your position, I think that I would install T-RackS 5 Custom Shop first; that will give
-- the T-Racks 5 program and plug-ins,
-- the Custom Shop program,
-- the Authorization Manager program (you may need to download / install the latest version from the web site).

Then, start the Authorization Manager program and Register / Authorize the T-RackS (4) Grand and T-RackS 5 Custom Shop serial numbers. Then start the Custom Shop standalone program, login, select T-RackS tab, click [Gear] >> Restore My Gear. All of the T-Racks (4) Grand gear models should now be available as their TR5 equivalents. The plug-in names all start with "TR5".

Now, that's fine for new projects. Old projects will still be referencing the TR4 plug-ins. If you need those you will need to install T-RackS Grand too (I think the version is v4.10). I'm not sure whether you would need to install the T-RackS Custom Shop too???
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jeffsjc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks a million!
jeffsjc

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Good luck - please post back here if you run into any issues.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox