Audio Stuttering Using One

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Audio Stuttering Using One

Postby neil.cummins1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Forum,
Just trying a new purchase of the 9 module TR5 and am experiencing significant audio stuttering when adjusting the Air,Focus and Body controls on the fly with live playback using One.

I have been into the Audio Settings panel and tried every combination of Windows Audio,Direct Sound and ASIO,using the full range of available buffer sizes.

The only combination that works without the issue is Direct Sound/4096 samples,however this then introduces some noticeable latency.

Is this a common problem and does anyone have any suggested fixes?

I suspect there may be a contribution from my laptop not being the best available,ie Dell Inspiron 5748 with 8Gb RAM,i3 processor and every bit of Windows 10 recommended optimisation for DAW,however it works perfectly well under duress from other audio engineering software.

Thanks

Neil
neil.cummins1

Re: Audio Stuttering Using One

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 pm

What audio interface are you using? DirectSound sounds like you are using your computer's built-in soundcard which won't likely be powerful enough to enable you to do a lot of on-the-fly changes or load a lot of processors.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neil.cummins1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:36 am

Hi Peter,
Yes,I'm using the built-in RealTek soundcard.

Is this not recommended for use with TR5,is an external interface needed?

I have iRig2 HD with ASIO4ALL available if this would be better?

Thanks

Neil
neil.cummins1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:30 am

Yes you may want to try iRig HD 2 with ASIO4ALL so you are at least using ASIO audio/drivers.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neil.cummins1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Peter,
The use of the iRig HD 2 and ASIO hasn't resolved the issue,even with the maximum available buffer size.I suppose this is a case of understanding in more detail what the Body,Focus and Air controls are doing in the context of buffer size,as this appears to be the key problem.All other modules and controls work fine using both the HD2 and internal Realtek soundcard.

I can't see me being the only user with this issue as my laptop is fairly widely used as a DAW.

What would you recommend,as this could be a potential blocker for any future module purchases which may exhibit the same issue?

Support Ticket perhaps?

Thanks

Neil
neil.cummins1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Hi, yes I'd say opening a support ticket for official IK support would be the best route at this point. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox