T-Racks suddenly requires reinstallation

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-Racks suddenly requires reinstallation

Postby expatguy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:46 am

A few days ago I migrated my DAW (Cubase 8.5) and T-Racks plugins to a new computer (Windows 10 Home). I reinstalled the plugins, reauthorized them, and everything was running smoothly. Two days later, Cubase said the plugins were not properly installed. It's not just Cubase. Every other program that scans vst when booting says the plugins are not properly installed and have to be reinstalled. The problem is only with IK Multimedia plugins.

Does anyone know what would happen that would invalidate *all* of IK Multimedia programs. I lost all T-Racks Classic plugins, CLassic Reverbs, Sample Tank 2 and Miroslav Orchestra. Is reinstallation the only option, or is there another option? I don't want to use more authorizations only to use them again if the problem repeats itself. Any help is appreciated.
expatguy

Re: T-Racks suddenly requires reinstallation

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:52 am

Hello expatguy and welcome to the forums.

That sounds a bit weird and certainly not something I've come across before on the forum.

This is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support. In case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby expatguy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:31 am

Thanks for the reply, garfy. I will contact support as youn suggested.
expatguy

Postby paddymcgov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 am

expatguy wrote:Thanks for the reply, garfy. I will contact support as youn suggested.

I have the same problem in Cubase 8 and 10 on Windows 10, working fine in Win 7. Think there's a registry issue?
paddymcgov

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:56 am

Hello paddymcgov and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest, as expatguy did, open a ticket with official IK Support on the link above. This is a user to user forum rather than direct to technical support. This would appear to be an individual system issue rather than anything widespread, so one-to-one support would be your best option.

If, as you say, it is a registry issue IK Support will be best placed to help you with that. It is not recommended that you change your registry following any advice posted on these forums.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox