Privacy policy

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Privacy policy

Postby Trackdriver » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Maybe people are still on vacation but I haven't got any reply on my e-mail yet. I bought a new computer and has been installing all my software. When I tried to install IKM stuff I got problems. I installed the T-Racks Custom Shop (and got every plugin installed that I haven't payed for as usual) and thought I would get my plugins by clicking "Restore my gear" but that doesn't do anything. Then I installed the authorization app, typed in my serials, got a green light and download buttons appeared. When I click on them I get to a privacy policy page which says it has been updated. I read through it and as I don't want to accept the new policy (don't want IKM to use my data for marketing or send it to 3rd party companies) I can't reach the downloads. I get to the same page if I try to go to my User Area too. Does this mean I can't use the plugins anymore?
Trackdriver

Re: Privacy policy

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Hello kristofer.jansson

I'm not sure anyone on this forum is going to be able to answer that question I'm afraid. The law behind the privacy policy and using the software without agreeing to it is potentially a minefield.

And, yes, probably the reason why you haven't had a response from IK is because of the holidays and the weekend just gone. If it was me, I would sit tight until you get something official from them.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Trackdriver » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks, I will wait then. It's only the IKM plugins that I have left to install. It would be too bad if I can't use them in the future but that's how it is :|
Trackdriver

Postby Trackdriver » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Well, a month later and after two reminders by email I still haven't got a reply.
Trackdriver

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 pm

kristofer.jansson wrote:Well, a month later and after two reminders by email I still haven't got a reply.

What is your ticket number?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Trackdriver » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:55 am

I haven't got any. I used this address:
"Contacts: For any questions related to this Privacy Policy or to the processing of personal data carried out by IK Multimedia Production srl, the user can:
*send an email request to: privacy.ik@...
*visit www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us-privacy"
Trackdriver

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Please PM the email address you put on that form/email (for IK to contact you back) and I'll forward it to our Support Manager.

By the way, we are in strict compliance with GDPR which should be explained in the IK privacy policy so your choices about your data would be respected as per the GDPR requirements.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox