How to uninstall and re-install T-RackS

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

How to uninstall and re-install T-RackS

Postby warrickhale » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm

I recently upgraded to T-RackS MAX and shortly after the standalone environment became very unstable.

I raised a support ticket on this issue 2 days ago but I am now effectively out of action. One solution must be to UNINSTALL and RE-INSTALL the package.

I can not find an uninstaller program or indeed any instructions on this. I spotted a 'Restore My Gear' option in Custom Shop but when I select it all it does is revert me to the display for 'My Gear'.

SO, can anyone tell me how to uninstall and re-install please. Can I simply use the Windows default uninstall program option? How do I re-install?
warrickhale

Re: How to uninstall and re-install T-RackS

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello warrickhale and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, sorry to hear that you are having issues with your software and the Restore My Gear function of the Custom Shop. Neither are expected behaviour. Please read the rules included in this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" regarding the use of this user-to-user forum and in a reply, please state your ticket number with support so it can be looked into.

When you say you upgraded to MAX, I presume that you had a different package beforehand (CS, Standard or Deluxe), you purchased an upgrade and received a new serial number. After this, did you install anything new/extra or did you just use the Authorisation Manager to input the new serial? This would have unlocked all of the modules included in the MAX package without the need for anything further.

Should you wish to try uninstall/re-install before IK support get back to you, there is an official uninstaller included in the download package of T-Racks5. It is advised to use this and not the Windows uninstaller. Once all elements have been un-installed you can run the installer as normal.

However, I would suggest waiting for a response from Support on your ticket.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby warrickhale » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Thank you Garfy, your reply is much appreciated.

In fact I originally purchased the standard package, around 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. I then upgraded to MAX and for about 4 days after the upgrade it was continuing to work fine, all of the modules purchased were accessible and there were no apparent problems.

However after those 4 days the standalone environment suddenly became unstable. IK Support are looking into it and I have sent them a detailed explanation of what happens plus a screen recording.

They have also now sent me a response to the question of uninstalling and re-installing. Uninstalling involves editing my registry, which I have to say I am not keen on doing. I will consult a friend who is a PC expert on that. I was hoping there would be an uninstall program. Editing the PC registry is not a recommended procedure.
warrickhale

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Apologies if I gave you incorrect info. There is an uninstaller in the Mac download so I assumed there would be one in the Windows one as well.

Always go with what official support say.
garfy

Postby warrickhale » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Garfy, my apologies, there is an uninstaller in the T-RackS package for Windows, I just somehow managed to not find it, but I have now.
I should also say that the request to edit registry from IK support may be to do with the fault that I am experiencing.

Thanks.
warrickhale

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Ahh, that makes more sense now.

Hope you get it sorted.
garfy

Postby MarMetStudio » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:43 pm

Hello, the solution on Mac is the following:
Go to User/Computer Name/documents/Ik Multimedia....
There is the .dmg installer, inside the installer is Uninstall T-Racks... Ready!!
MarMetStudio

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox