Full Metering Question

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Full Metering Question

Postby chicagobears316 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello,

I did the last T-racks group buy and waited until the end of the month for my last 3 downloads because all I had left to get were the items included in the base version of T-Racks 5, which a sale promotion, so I wanted to see if anything new came out to avoid wasting those and debated if I should move up to TR5 at this time or not. I see the promo ended, so rather than get the upgrade, I downloaded my last 3 items.

One is the full metering, but I can't seem to access it. It's greyed out. How do I get to it? The others appear to work fine.
chicagobears316

Re: Full Metering Question

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:33 pm

It sounds like you're running the (free) Custom Shop version of T-RackS. Re-sizing (and several other features) is only available in the standard, Deluxe and MAX versions.

I think that you should be able to load the Full Metering plug-in in your DAW.

If you are however using a paid for T-RackS version you should put a ticket into official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ for some one-to-one help, just in case no one else chimes in here with some advice.

The T-Racks 5 Custom Shop page says (my text tinting):
What's NEW
  • 4 new processors available for separate purchase: Master Match, Dyna-Mu, ONE, EQual
  • Resizable*, redesigned interface and plugin GUIs
  • Expandable broadcast-ready metering suite*
  • Floating meters option*
  • Chains of up to 16 processors
  • Album Assembly section with waveform editing and metadata*
  • Enhanced audio engine
  • Up to 192 kHz/32-bit floating point*
  • 4 dithering algorithms
  • Equal gain option*
  • Signature presets from the industry's top engineers*
* Features available by upgrading to T-RackS 5 (standard), T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Full Metering Question

Postby chicagobears316 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:57 am

k, I'll have to reinstall my DAW (haven't used one in a while) and give it a go. Surprised it can't be used within the free version of TR5 because to my knowledge it's the only product that can't be used in it's host's free version and I'm not sure why it'd be sold separately then since it comes with every other version.

It'll be a few days, but I'll post back when I get to it to confirm that it did/didn't work so others know.
chicagobears316

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox