general install question

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

general install question

Postby chicagobears316 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:09 am

I have this and a bunch of other questions out to sales/support, but it's been over a week, so I thought I'd see if anyone here knows this one.

I bought into the TR group buy, and have long noticed that most files I download have the same name or nearly the same name, but the sizes are sometimes different. If I downloaded the most recent TR update, do I need to download each of the 10 items I picked up in the group buy individually, or do I just authorize them and that takes care of it since the main TR file was updated?
chicagobears316

Re: general install question

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 am

I thought that there was only a single download for T-RackS 5 - which includes the software for all 38 processors. The individual Serial Numbers will authorise one processor.

Get the latest Authorization Manager (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager/) as the one in the T-RackS 5 download may not be the latest. Install it, run it and enter your serial numbers.

You may then need to run the Custom Shop program, login and click [Gear} >> "Restore my Gear2. Then click [Gear] >>"My Gear" to check that you have all the expected models.

I am not certain exactly what happens if you load any of the other processors but you can try them out for 14 days - as described in the T-RackS 5 User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chicagobears316 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:37 pm

No, there are 3 tiers and the free TR 5 CS

I presently have the TR 5 CS version, but may upgrade to the base TR5 version as I have everythiing else. As an example, I purchased all the American EQs individually with the group by and so they show up individually as downloads.

As an example, if I download EQ 81, the file name is Install_TRacks5_win_(Ver.%205.1.1B) and is 1.1 GB Yesterday the other EQ's were each a different size, but similar name, when I clicked to download them. Oddly today they are all the same. so now I'm a little confused. Appears to be a non issue now.
chicagobears316

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Agreed, there are 3 tiers and the free TR5 CS.

And each individually-purchased (or bonus) processor will be listed separately in your User Area / My Products.

I thought that the actual download file was the same for each. The Serial Number determines which processor(s) is (are) Authorized.

Anyway, try what I suggested and see what you currently have available.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox