OFFLINE REG

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

OFFLINE REG

Postby skarob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Has anyone else found it a real nightmare to install TRacks 5 to an off-line pc? It must work as a security feature...its even really challeging when you've paid! IK you might have a nice product but your delivery is just the worst :(
Its saying my Authorisation manager is out of date (despite being todays)
skarob

Re: OFFLINE REG

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Hello skarob and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have run into. The Authorization Manager included in the T-RackS 5 install may not be the latest. Is that the one you are using?

I think it gives a link to get the latest version (v1.0.21, dated 01 October 2018). Download and install that and give it another try.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby skarob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks DarkStar,
I wondered if I was just having a bad day so I had another crack yesterday...uninstalled everything deleted all my downloads & started fresh.
Downloaded all new files & trialed using different internet browsers too.
I got a bit further, its now running & seems be authorized on the offline PC.....BUT: only module available is the 'classic eq' the others are greyed out & when I click on them it says 'no internet' hahahaha!
Maybe 3rd time lucky....still hoping it can be resolved
skarob

Postby skarob » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 am

The files I am using are:
T-RackS 5 version 5.1.1
IK Multimedia Authorization Manager version 1.0.21

IK were correct in saying that the authorization manager that comes with the product downloads is out of date (version 1.0.20) & this was causing me to get into a frustrating loop.
But...I am still unable to get this program working properly on my offline PC, Its been 3 evenings of frustration so far!

1) Last night I uninstalled all & then downloaded & installed T-RackS 5 version 5.1.1, I tried to run it as a demo (unauthorized) but the only module that showed as available was the 'Classic EQ' -Is this correct, or should other modules be available (even with a autho warning pop-up)??

2) Does the T-RackS 5 version 5.1.1 run on its own, or does it require T-RacKS CS or T-RackS Custom Shop to run or find further modules?

Hope someone can help...

Rob
skarob

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:11 pm

I would think that running an unauthorized T-RackS 5 would only show the plug-ins that are available in T-RackS 5 Custom Shop ("TR5 CS"). Get the latest Authorization Manager here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager/,
install it and Authorize TR5.

Start the Custom Shop program, login, go to the T-RackS 5 section and click [Gear] >> "Restore My Gear". You should then see your gear in TR5.

TR5 does not require CS to run - only to restore gear, try out new modules, etc.

The various TR5 downloads consists of 3 software products (T-RackS 5, the Custom Shop and the Authorization Manager) and a Serial Number. That Serial Number determines which gear is available, as standard, in the TR5 software. And, as you have found, the Authorization Manager (and Custom Shop?) programs may be old / incompatible versions. In my opinion, IK Multimedia should either:
-- update those download files so that the three programs are compatible
-- remove those 2 from those downloads and remind the user that they need to be downloaded too.

Just for clarification - I am not employed by, contracted to, or representing IK Multimedia.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby skarob » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Mate, I dont mind who you work for....This is driving me mental atm so really appreciate all your advice. IK didnt answer my question about whether the 'un-authorised' Tracks 5 should show more modules than just the 'Classic EQ' ... maybe that is the first problem I need to focus on?
Perhaps it IS authorising ok....but simply missing all the other 'standard' modules....?
skarob

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox